Star Wars : Episode 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll sharp know if there was ever an overall plan for the trilogy.
By all accounts, there wasn't a plan. They let Johnson go wherever he wanted with very few conditions. Remember that Abrams never expected to come back and Carrie Fisher's death has restricted their options somewhat.

It'll be interesting to see how many callbacks there are to the prequels if Lucasfilm want this to seem like the last film of nine rather than the last of three.

You must be the only person who thinks the new ones are worse than the prequels
Add me to that list. Prequels MILES better than the 2 new ones. Like, parsecs better.

Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see how much callback we get to The Last Jedi here. We'll sharp know if there was ever an overall plan for the trilogy. Bringing Sheev back hints that Abrams wasn't expecting Snoke to be bumped off in TLJ.
How f***ing stupid is it for a trilogy not to have a mapped-out story ffs?

It wasn't that bad man. :lol:
Saying that, I really enjoyed Solo. :oops:
Same. Solo was alright.

Last edited:
Darth Maul was cut in half and thrown down a similar pit. They brought him back.

This. Makes me laugh when people cant comprehend someone surviving in a completely made up world that involves aliens, ghosts and lightsabers. How did Darth Vader survive having his legs chopped off and being burnt alive on a volcanic planet if we're going down that route:lol:

Darth Maul was cut in half and thrown down a similar pit. They brought him back.

He wasn't then blown to kingdom come!

This. Makes me laugh when people cant comprehend someone surviving in a completely made up world that involves aliens, ghosts and lightsabers. How did Darth Vader survive having his legs chopped off and being burnt alive on a volcanic planet if we're going down that route:lol:

Aye fair point. My original case is dismissed, your honour.

Endor and the Death Star 2 in the trailer - few people think it's possible Anakin/Palpatine have been resurrected based on the legend Darth Plageuis can use the force to create life and cheat death. Few think Rey and Ben being the Skywalker that 'rises' is too easy. That would leave Luke or Anakin

You forgot about uncle Owen. He's been in which coma all this time and comes back punisher style. Remember: we never actually identified his body.

Hope it is better than the last one, that was seriously bad.....in fact I have written it from my mind as being part of the series, I thought it was that bad. Still love Star Wars though. Looks canny from what you can see in the trailer.

Last edited:
I think Kylo has searched for guidance after the death of Snoke, and has found the resting place of Sidious. He then gains the power and direction that was restricted to him by Snoke.

Rey has since learned the old school methods resulting in a one all mighty showdown at the end.

Not even close to being the best one.
Was imo. Rogue One was boring as fuck, TLJ was an abortion. TFA had that epic sci-fi saga feel to it that the other 2 lacked.

I never watched any of the Ewan McGregor ones and never will, and I've never watched one of the originals in full because they were also boring as fuck. So that's why I say TFA was the best.

Was imo. Rogue One was boring as fuck, TLJ was an abortion. TFA had that epic sci-fi saga feel to it that the other 2 lacked.

I never watched any of the Ewan McGregor ones and never will, and I've never watched one of the originals in full because they were also boring as fuck. So that's why I say TFA was the best.
Sacrilege man . How the hell can you say the force awakens is one of the best when you've never say thru one of the originals ??? That's like saying tinned mince beef is one of the best foods around but I've never had steak or lobster etc . Garn boil ya heed man and live a little.

Sacrilege man . How the hell can you say the force awakens is one of the best when you've never say thru one of the originals ??? That's like saying tinned mince beef is one of the best foods around but I've never had steak or lobster etc . Garn boil ya heed man and live a little.
Tried watching them as a kid and always either fell asleep or just got bored and switched it off. TFA was the first one I managed to watch in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back