Star Wars : Episode 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been absolutely hopeless in all of them, in fact cringeworthy. The trilogy itself has been an exercise in money making and has added nothing to the story. Very poor all round.

I've seen all of these films twice at the cinema. The cracks in her acting ability were glaring on the second watch of both TFA & TLJ. When I watched ROS for the second time she seemed pretty solid to me. Certainly a lot better than the others. She doesn't have a lot to work with either tbf.

Last edited:

Rise of Skywalker – 6/10

My thoughts on a poorly thought out trilogy;

After TFA, JJ Abrams essentially left Rian Johnson with a room full of open doors and windows. Instead of deciding to explore one of these openings, RJ spent the entirety of TLJ nailing everything shut and boarding it all up, before laying a huge turd in the middle of the floor. JJ then turns up with a crowbar and desperately tries to force his way back into some (any) of these openings whilst trying not to gag on the stench of Johnsons turd. This is how we ended up with this disjointed and messy finale.

Despite enjoying TLJ as a cinema experience, the 2 years of inane discourse has quashed any excitement I had for this final instalment. Already I am finding the discourse surrounding this one to be even more insufferable, so I’ll try and keep this short;

I went in with low expectations and I had a decent time with it. The big problem here is that the plot does not hold up to scrutiny AT ALL. You can see the cogs of the Disney machine whirring away in the background. You can blatantly tell that they scrambled around in the editing room and wrestled with different scenes and plot points. The guys over at RLM summed it up perfectly when they described the frantic pacing as “dangling a shiny object in front of a cat”.

The strength of this trilogy is in the new cast. Adam Driver is the main saving grace, but Daisy Ridley’s performances have all improved notably with each film. They both do an excellent job with a troubled script. The strong chemistry is also there with Boyega and Isaacs imo. I liked all these characters, even though they clearly didn’t get enough to do.

Adam Driver’s performance is head and shoulders above anyone else’s in the trilogy. He’s an outstanding talent and does a great job of working with the shite he’s been given.

Having said that, Kylo Ren is the only interesting character in the whole trilogy. This group is nowhere near as likeable as the OT group. Finn is utterly pointless, for example.

Last edited:
Adam Driver’s performance is head and shoulders above anyone else’s in the trilogy. He’s an outstanding talent and does a great job of working with the shite he’s been given.

Having said that, Kylo Ren is the only interesting character in the whole trilogy. This group is nowhere near as likeable as the OT group. Finn is utterly pointless, for example.

which is shocking like as a former stormtrooper character should be a very interesting concept

She has been absolutely hopeless in all of them, in fact cringeworthy. The trilogy itself has been an exercise in money making and has added nothing to the story. Very poor all round.
This !!! all badly thought out with ideas nicked from a new hope , empire & return of the Jedi nothing new at all
The rebels in this one reminded me of an anti climate leftist mob how the hell did they kick the crap out of the empire ? Rey was unlikable , Finn was a melt who kept running around shouting REY every 5 minutes , to many annoying droids
Also how did half the Death Star stay intact when it had been blown to pieces in 2 films
And why have a power ranger in it ?
All very poor , rogue one is a lesson in how to make these spin offs that was brilliant

George Lucas should have stopped with the OT.
Then as promised he created the prequels.

Then sold out to Disney.

Disney will not stop at 9. Number 10 already in the works ... :evil:

George Lucas should have stopped with the OT.
Then as promised he created the prequels.

Then sold out to Disney.

Disney will not stop at 9. Number 10 already in the works ... :evil:
Lucas talked about as many as twelve himself and certainly intended at least nine.

I really enjoyed it when I saw it on 26/12. Re-watched ep 7 at the weekend and ep 8 tonight, ready to go and see ep 9 at the cinema again this weekend.

Ep 7 is the best of the sequel trilogy, like. Adam Driver head and shoulders above the rest, but I also really think Daisy Ridley does a cracking job. Some of the plot holes are ridiculous but I don't mind too much... It is just a silly sci-fi series after all. None of it really makes sense anyway.

Lucas talked about as many as twelve himself and certainly intended at least nine.
Yes I remember the interview when he said 9 but his 7,8,9 were quite different then those that come out of the Disney regime.
Which is fine. Simple thing if you dont like them. Dont go and watch them. Why waste 3 hours of your life in films you clearly dont enjoy.
Exactly this, not going to the cinema.

Disney+ was free for me and I’ll FF through episode 9 when they put it on the stream in a few months.
THX 1138!

American Graffiti!

Star Wars!

Indiana Jones!

George was the legend of my generation and to think that his name is now associated with such POS :evil:

Last edited:
One of the best thing about it was
just when you think the filum is going to be ruined with a love story element as the two lead characters kiss for the first time, one of them immediately dies.

on the whole, really enjoyed it.

Yes I remember the interview when he said 9 but his 7,8,9 were quite different then those that come out of the Disney regime.

Exactly this, not going to the cinema.

Disney+ was free for me and I’ll FF through episode 9 when they put it on the stream in a few months.
THX 1138!

American Graffiti!

Star Wars!

Indiana Jones!

George was the legend of my generation and to think that his name is now associated with such POS :evil:
Phantom menace!
Attack of the clones!
Revenge of the sith!

lucas is responsible for his fair share of crap too. I’m sure there was a good reason Disney didn’t go with his plan for 7,8,9. They should’ve taken some time to properly plan their own though. Completely disjointed trilogy.

Phantom menace!
Attack of the clones!
Revenge of the sith!

lucas is responsible for his fair share of crap too. I’m sure there was a good reason Disney didn’t go with his plan for 7,8,9. They should’ve taken some time to properly plan their own though. Completely disjointed trilogy.
Aye .... they couldn't work out how to spin them into rides at EuroDisney/land/world.

Absolute garbage. Given the context of it all, the money behind it, the whole "42 years in the making, end if the trology" schtick, possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

Phantom menace!
Attack of the clones!
Revenge of the sith!

Agree.
Young Lucas > Middle age Lucas

Something I can relate to TBH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back