Star Wars : Episode 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

well judging by the shit show he made of the prequels I wouldnt have held up hopes for it. Still be interesting to hear what it was though.
Story-wise I think the prequels were well done. They built on the backstory. Who was Anakin? How/why did he turn and become Vader? Who was Luke and Leia's ma? Why were they split up? How'd she end up a Princess? What the frig were the Clone Wars? What happened to the rest of the Jedi?

Too much green screen and CGI and some dodgy acting might make them a bit cartoony - especially given how they've aged since - but at least the story was satisfyingly tied up.

Story-wise I think the prequels were well done. They built on the backstory. Who was Anakin? How/why did he turn and become Vader? Who was Luke and Leia's ma? Why were they split up? How'd she end up a Princess? What the frig were the Clone Wars? What happened to the rest of the Jedi?

Too much green screen and CGI and some dodgy acting might make them a bit cartoony - especially given how they've aged since - but at least the story was satisfyingly tied up.
That's where they failed for me as much as the CGI, acting, feel of them not being quite right. Didn't build that enough. He was effectively a love sick teenager who was basically good who then turned into the most evil villain in the galaxy willing to wipe out planets and that :lol:

Anyway, hope JJ has at least fixed some of the problem TLJ created. I'm not expecting it to be perfect because I think TLJ undermined so much and apparently JJ spends the first half of the film basically weaving a web to undo the damage. Hopefully it's at least a satisfying end.

Agree wholeheartedly with people saying they needed to get someone to write the basic outline of the trilogy at the start.... just seems like common sense.

Last edited:
There's an interview in this months empire magazine where they mention lucas wanted the ending to be about midi clorians or some shite.
Be someone taking the piss to justify them moving away from that stuff in the new ones. Midi chlorians weren't mentioned much after Anakin's discovery so I dunno why there's such a hang up about it.

Agreed with a lot of the comments - the 70's movies had a touch of magic about them. The newer ones are like Eastenders with lasers, load of over dramatic predictable shite,

I think the years to come will not look favourable on TLJ.
It was obviously created and executed by people who mis read or lacked the knowledge and passion they needed to do the job.
The director made the entire film almost look like a ‘up yours’ to the fan base and JJ Abrams.
He saw TFA as a fan service film (which it was) and promptly went the other direction with it.

if early reviews are to be believed this last one is hamstrung by the last ones (and Rian Johnson’s mostly) failings.

The mandolorian is enjoyable and I put Rogue 1 up there just behind the originals.

that’s just my 2 credits

Last edited:
It was obviously created and executed by people who mis read or lacked the knowledge and passion they needed to do the job.
The director made the entire film almost look like a ‘up yours’ to the fan base and JJ Abrams.
He saw TFA as a fan service film (which it was) and promptly went the other direction with it.

if early reviews are to be believed this last one is hamstrung by the last ones (and Rian Johnson’s mostly) failings.

The mandolorian is enjoyable and I put Rogue 1 up there just behind the originals.

that’s just my 2 credits
Spot on.

that’s just my 2 credits
I think the sequel trilogy will undoubtedly be looked back on a lot less favourably than the prequels once all's said and done and the dust has settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back