Star Trails..

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what i was thinking but thought there must be an obvious reason not for doing it so kept schtum.

The logic behind multiple long exposures: The longer you have the shutter open the more light you will get from your foreground (what ever you put in your composition) so taking lots of long exposures and merging them will give you a fixed exposure for as long as you like. As opposed to a huge exposure with potentially well over exposed detail.

I think anyways..

The logic behind multiple long exposures: The longer you have the shutter open the more light you will get from your foreground (what ever you put in your composition) so taking lots of long exposures and merging them will give you a fixed exposure for as long as you like. As opposed to a huge exposure with potentially well over exposed detail.

I think anyways..

Yep, that would make sense. But sometimes you would want light on the foreground

tempted to come along tonight and be half dead at work tomorrow.

You're more then welcome Ross. You have my mobile if you fancy it. :cool:

edit.. don't expect to learn much from me mind.. we would be learning from each other i think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tog meet up is just a cover :cool: Ask Icarebecauseyoudo about his bird watching exploits in Gambia :eek:

That was me mate Graeme tbf

Who appears to be in Cuba again, anyone see his shot? Bloody layabout :lol:

I would of come tonight but I think more research into star trails is required first

Im sure ive read stacking 5/10 min shots is the best way to do it, but i suppose its trial and error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back