Stadium naming rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he say he had a problem with it? He's disagreeing with you not the fact we have put the renaming rights up for sale. If you add a sponsors name to the stadiums name you have renamed it. You have sold the naming rights to a sponsor

He's being pedantic.

It will still be called the stadium of light, not something completely different.

Pretty Much this.

How funny would it be if Mike Ashley bought the rights and ploughed money into our club? That would cause some heads to explode on Tyneside

The House of Fraser Stadium :lol:

As long as he didn’t want ‘The Sports Direct Stadium of Light’ otherwise we’ll have Mags camped outside protesting all season. Couldn’t face the constant smell of gravy at every match.

So the name 'Stadium of Light' will still be incorporated but with a sponsor paying for their company to be added to it.

You're a raging fanny if you've got a problem with that like.
A problem with what? You're the one arguing that it isn't a renaming despite the fact that the club confirm it is:lol:

He's being pedantic.

It will still be called the stadium of light, not something completely different.
It isn't pendantic. It won't be called the Stadium of Light.

Last edited:
A problem with what? You're the one arguing that it isn't a renaming despite the fact that the club confirm it is:lol:

It's not renaming, who ev

It isn't pendantic. It won't be called the Stadium of Light.

It's a sponsorship deal, hence whoever wants to sponsor the STADIUM OF LIGHT will have to put their name infront of it.

It will still be The SoL and it will revert solely back to The SoL when the sponsorship runs out.

A big deal being made over nothing.

I don’t ever remember saying .... I’m gan to Roker Park, usually called it ... the ground or home

Same as now

Get a few quid in for elongating the name for a limited time, do it , as long as it’s not Armchair Regulars ( or anything else where the acronym is potty)

Probably not meant to be that way but a wink and wait for the minutes could be seen as a bit of a private members club

It wasn't. He's been trying to get me to cough up some info since the meeting took place. Given that it involves a number of supporters' groups, it's easier to wait for something official (the minutes are compiled by RAWA, by the way, not the club, but the contents need to be agreed before they get released to the world), rather than me inadvertently speaking out of turn.

It's not renaming, who ev

It's a sponsorship deal, hence whoever wants to sponsor the STADIUM OF LIGHT will have to put their name infront of it.

It will still be The SoL and it will revert solely back to The SoL when the sponsorship runs out.

A big deal being made over nothing.

I’ve been a supporter of Children with Cancer UK Sunderland AFC a number of years and let me tell you that you’re wrong.

He's being pedantic.

It's being renamed no matter how you look at it, that's not pedantic, it's a fact. Then you started with verbal abuse despite him never even remotely claiming he had a problem with it.

Here we f***ing go

Absolute tinpot chairman selling our identity.
What happened to asking the fans ?
Sharp forgotten about for a few quid

Absolute f***ing sell outs

“I chose the connection to light for two main reasons; firstly as an ever-lasting tribute to the region’s mine-workers and proud industrial heritage and in the expectation and hope that the stadium would be a guiding light in the future,” he said.

“The name is very much a symbolic link to the thousands of miners and Sunderland supporters that emerged from the darkness and into the light every day when they returned to the surface after working in the mine."

Let's see if that has any meaning still
Stewart Donald promises fans a say in future name of ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back