Stadium naming rights

Two things came to mind immediately, when I saw the Moisley video:

1. ITK rumours that a naming deal had been struck are false. Naming rights still available.

2. Now I can't think of the other thing. :oops:

f***ing skinflints man . Must have missed them asking us what we thought
Anything for a penny
Be laughing at his profit and free 10%

Haway methven and co must be wearing thin with people now
Begging for arses on seats not far away and sign ups for the special £40 membership
It states they’ll ask fans before signing any contract. They haven’t signed a contract.

Not a fan, bit sad to see people only caring about a few extra quid.

How’s that? It’s not going in my pocket, it’s going into the club I support.

Clubs need money, this brings money in. It’s really not difficult to understand.

Call it f***ing Hitler Park for all I care as long as the team is successful.

How’s that? It’s not going in my pocket, it’s going into the club I support.

Clubs need money, this brings money in. It’s really not difficult to understand.

Call it f***ing Hitler Park for all I care as long as the team is successful.

How much money does League One stadium sponsorship bring in like?

Rather keep the name than scramble around for pennies like this.

I think it’s more down to people just not caring about the name of the stadium as nobody actually ever refers to their own sides stadium by its name and will continue not doing so.

People do care about the name of the stadium though. The safc fanbase exists away from this forum man ffs

Maybe would have been worth a lot years ago.
Not very much now

Speaks volumes about the skinflints tho

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things, it’ll be worth fuck all, probably enough to pay Cattermole and Oviedo wages for a year and all at the expense of having some shit name like ‘the peanut butter kit kat chunky stadium of light’

got no issue with the Etihad or the Ricoh Arena. In fact I think the Etihad sounds better than the City of Manchester Stadium which it was originally.

with this in mind, I'd have no issue with renaming the SOL.

have you watched the video?

In the grand scheme of things, it’ll be worth fuck all, probably enough to pay Cattermole and Oviedo wages for a year and all at the expense of having some shit name like ‘the peanut butter kit kat chunky stadium of light’

Probably enough to pay Cattermole’s wage for about a quarter of the year, more likely.

Back