SSE

I've just sined up to them for gas, fixed price for a year. Hope they honour it !
To be fair, we’ve had no bother with them, they should be refunding accounts in credit a lot sooner, we had nigh on a grand a few year back and bought a big Samsung tv! Appreciate not everyone is in same boat though, i’ll imagine they’ll be playing hard to get the next year or so, whilst their profits take a hit!

£80 extra a month seems a bit extreme, I got a letter from them the other day I'll have to give it a proper read but I'm sure it said my bill would be going up £50 but I read that as for the whole year and about £25 on electric

SSE's rates are up about 30% on a month ago for new business contracts (major hike in standing charge) for the average consumer, but it's about the lowest of the rises going through.
I've just sined up to them for gas, fixed price for a year. Hope they honour it !

Sure they will, pity you hadn't grabbed longer!

Last edited:
SSE's rates are up about 30% on a month ago for new business contracts (major hike in standing charge) for the average consumer, but it's about the lowest of the rises going through.

Sure they will, pity you hadn't grabbed longer!
nah a year is enough I think. There was talk yesterday about the price coming down next year.

Back