SSE

CW7

Central Defender
Just received notification of a hike by £80pm for gas/leccy!

Rang em up, No! Leave the DD’s as they are, and use my £872 credit. Cheeky bastardos! I imagine they’ll all be on the take folks, keep an eye on your accounts👍

Rang em up, No! Leave the DD’s as they are, and use my £872 credit. Cheeky bastardos! I imagine they’ll all be on the take folks, keep an eye on your accounts👍
The extra £80 per month is calculated with the amount you have in credit, hard times a comin.

Yeah if they hike mine up I'm fucked, I'll just be putting money on the meter and it'll just be covering the daily standing charges with perhaps enough to have the radiators on for an hour a day.
This is an absolute disgrace, we're just meant to suck this up and we can't do fuck all about it.

you want to get onto them they are meant to auto refund at £60

Yeah if they hike mine up I'm fucked, I'll just be putting money on the meter and it'll just be covering the daily standing charges with perhaps enough to have the radiators on for an hour a day.
This is an absolute disgrace, we're just meant to suck this up and we can't do fuck all about it.
Out of interest, what do you think can/should be done about it?

Out of interest, what do you think can/should be done about it?
I have no idea, I just find it all frightening and depressing. I have a bairn at home, this house gets really cold (and all the cavity wall insulation has to be raked out as it's turned to mush and is rotting the walls / causing dampness).
So from November I have an uninsulated home and energy bills that are going through the roof.

Just found out my energy supplier has gone bust. Green. Bastards have £300 credit. Supposedly it gets transferred over to the new supplier.

Maybes not take £87 per month off the people with the lowest incomes just as prices for most things are sky rocketing. Might be a start like.
How do you avoid it tho? Wholesale prices have tripled. Obviously those better off couple pay more to subsidise those on lower incomes which is reasonable but it isn’t a short term fix.
the gov determine the price cap I think so they probably have most scope to influence
Price cap is based on wholesale price I think so it goes up when the suppliers have to pay more and as the wholesale price has rocketed so has the cap. If they capped the price lower it’d effectively be subsidised for everyone but who would pay for that?

Last edited:

Back