Springwatch with Hellsbells

Looking for a way to “dispose “Magpies.I know the first reply will be air rifle but thinking traps etc

Larsen Trap but you will need a live magpie to use it.
They are the best way to catch crows or magpies. Honestly Mate get rid of them, responsible for taking chicks and eggs of song birds.

Talking to a local farmer last week who always cuts the hedgerows down here late Winter to ensure by Spring they thicken up to protect bird nests against the Magpies.
Goldfinches love Nijer seeds.

The only bird that will take them.
Replace these with sunflower seeds and you get so many others without losing the Goldfinches.
Disaster this morning, got up and all is quiet in the garden, just about to go to work and I see the Robins flying backwards and forwards across the garden. When I looked out there's a fox chewing on something next to the Robins nest so I rush outside and the fox bolts. The fox had dropped a chewed up baby Robin and the nest was empty. Pictures to follow when I get home from work.

Bastard nature. Real cruel.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely heartbroken this evening, I have two baby badgers and two parents that visit evrery night and suddenly they all stopped coming. One of the baby's turned up tonight lame with a huge chunk out of it. I'm not sure it will last the week.

We fed it as best we could and gave it water and it toddled off. Given the wounds it looks like a dog Attack. :cry:

Back