Spotify going up

Good job the artists have no need for that kind of stuff, because they certainly couldn't afford it on their Spotify earnings.
Some of them are doing ok.

American singer and songwriter Taylor Swift is set to earn more than $130 million in royalties from Spotify after taking out the top spot as the most streamed artist on the platform's end-of-year Wrapped list.

What's your thoughts on tidal compared to Spotify? I always listen to my release radar and discover weekly playlists on Spotify. Does tidal have similar?
I'm very new to Tidal but yes I believe it has something called 'my mix' which serves the exact same purpose. The free 30 day trial took about 2 minutes to set up, you can extend the trial period too for a couple of quid I think. I couldn't believe how quick and easy the play list import from Spotify was. Ludicrously fast.
What's your thoughts on tidal compared to Spotify? I always listen to my release radar and discover weekly playlists on Spotify. Does tidal have similar?
Here's a summary review from a few days ago which includes a link to a detailed comparison of the major steaming services.

Last edited:
I unsubscribed from it ages ago. I needed to make big savings to curb spending (I sound like Jeremy Hunt!). Spotify was a big saving. I now use iTunes. Way better for broadcasting to my SYNC device in my car via USB.

I see vouchers advertised for Spotify ranging from about £3 for 6 months supposedly in a sale to a tenner for a year. If they work that price is certainly a bargain.
Less than £20 a year from a website I found, It is a shared account so legal..ish, bloke who runs it seems decent

It’s 40 pence a day. People using a VPN pretending to be sitting in a tent in Nepal to save 40 pence then going to Domino and spending 12 quid on a pizza.

Madness.

(Who are available on Spotify for 40p!)

I'm very new to Tidal but yes I believe it has something called 'my mix' which serves the exact same purpose. The free 30 day trial took about 2 minutes to set up, you can extend the trial period too for a couple of quid I think. I couldn't believe how quick and easy the play list import from Spotify was. Ludicrously fast.

Here's a summary review from a few days ago which includes a link to a detailed comparison of the major steaming services.

Cheers

Back