Sporting Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. You can do it either way. But the point is your SD doesn't get involved in non-football matters, and, with is commercial background, that's actually where Cortese's greatest strengths are.

Yep. Cortese would be a perfect CEO or Chairman for us. Sporting Director is different, they would report in to him. And work with the academy, scouting system, playing staff.

We want managers, coaches, ceos and dofs who are gonna wanna stay in the NE best part of ten years or so minimum.

You keep calling them chancers, fair enough, thats exactly what Satori is, who for some reason you seem to trust implicitly
Didn't you say that there was no takeover not so long ago, but you're now discussing it?

If I'm wrong, I apologise now.

Just imagine man. A fan who would want the very best for the club and knows how to get it.

pie in the sky though I’d imagine. We are in league one and that’s a massive step down for him. Same as Allardyce, I could see him being involved but not at this level.

someone like Schwarz would be building a career here.

I don't think it is a proper takeover, and no I was saying the ITKs on here talk utter bollocks, which they do been on going for 17 months

How isn't it a proper takeover? SD won't have any influence on the day to day running of the club.

To be fair, the likes of @prehab26 and others have been a hell of a lot closer than you have.

Managers will come and go. We need a set up at the club where when we appoint a manager that they suit us. We don't change everyhting to suit them. As shown under Short we'd be always be in a cycle of correcting other people's mistakes.

I like that a lot, and Poyet would be my first pick as a manager
I suppose I tweaked what Rocky suggested. Get Poyet in, then the club builds its ethos around that moving forward

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back