Spider-Man homecoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made up the organic webslingers for the first set of films, I think the comics ret-conned it so he had them there too afterwards.

Wasn't it oscorp stuff in the Amazing Spiderman?

Pretty sure he makes it himself in the original comics, just as he did here.

I think the first film got it right tbh.
It’s bullshit. He should be using that invention to make himself a millionaire and probably save more lives than f***ing about on rooftops. The fire service would love a bit of web imo.

Dont understand the incessant need to milk dry all of these superhero franchises - there seems to be another every couple of months atm. Should have stopped with Toby Maguire and the original X-men film. f***ing rank.
Someone needs to watch Logan

Logan is fantastic. Much better than any of the obviously fake CGI destructofests. A proper film which happens to have super heroes in.

Don't have a problem with he movies personally but there's been 3 different Peter Parkers in 10 years. Also, Spider-Man 3 was shite.

No way, spidey can't save the ferry passengers so iron man swoops in to save the day - fuck off man this is Spider-Man not iron man. And he can stop a ferry flooding with water from sinking just by pushing it back together again, then fucks off without the remotest bit concern for the the passengers who should be drowning. Likewise what's with the fat kid having a f***ing bomb which explodes but the police don't seem slightly concerned. I know it's fantasy but fuck me. Also, f***ing mixed race relationships everywhere and flash being a f***ing nerdy Indian kid - what the fuck. PC bullshit and the worst "twist" ever.

ah yes, nothing to do with it being set in NYC, one of the most diverse, international and multicultural cities in the world...

Don't have a problem with he movies personally but there's been 3 different Peter Parkers in 10 years. Also, Spider-Man 3 was shite.

Aye, it's been a shambles from Sony in all fairness. There's buckets of money to go round if all the films are good but it took them two poor and expensive attempts to realise this.

I also think the DCEU has gotten it arse about face when it comes to building the universe. Batman v Superman should have been years down the road.

I get the feeling people are getting fed up of explosion trumping story though. There's clearly still a massive audience out there for good quality stuff - Deadpool, Logan.

Sounds similar to Wonder Woman then. I was expecting something spectacular given the critical and audience reaction to it, but it was wafer thin in terms of depth of storyline and mythology, and a complete waste of Chris Pine and David Thewlis. Not even the best DCEU film - that's still Man Of Steel.

Superhero fatigue setting in maybe.
Is it any surprise when 9/10 film releases these days is a comic book movie? They all follow pretty much the same formula of weakling overcomes impossible odds to beat invincible villain. People who rush out to lap them up are pretty much putting the final nail in the coffin of cinematic originality. I had to endure an hour of Logan recently and I nearly lost the will to live.

Is it any surprise when 9/10 film releases these days is a comic book movie? They all follow pretty much the same formula of weakling overcomes impossible odds to beat invincible villain. People who rush out to lap them up are pretty much putting the final nail in the coffin of cinematic originality. I had to endure an hour of Logan recently and I nearly lost the will to live.

Really? I thought Logan was one of the few bright spots in the current 'phase' of superhero films. It's a film that could almost have been made without anyone needing any super powers.

Really? I thought Logan was one of the few bright spots in the current 'phase' of superhero films. It's a film that could almost have been made without anyone needing any super powers.
I saw Stephen Merchant 'acting' in it and that was its death knell. Gruff arsehole comes good eventually - it was typical of Wolverine.

Sorry OP, need to disagree. Best Spiderman film imo. Not the best Marvel though.

No origin shite,
no learning about great power bringing great responsibility.

Solid 8/10.

Spider-Man's origin story is one of the most iconic in comic book history though. Like Superman surviving Krypton, or the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, everybody knows he becomes Spider-Man after a radioactive spider bite. This new idea of Tony Stark giving some a welp one of his new suits is fuckin' shite if ya ask me.

Aye, it's been a shambles from Sony in all fairness. There's buckets of money to go round if all the films are good but it took them two poor and expensive attempts to realise this.

I also think the DCEU has gotten it arse about face when it comes to building the universe. Batman v Superman should have been years down the road.

I get the feeling people are getting fed up of explosion trumping story though. There's clearly still a massive audience out there for good quality stuff - Deadpool, Logan.
Agreed but Logan was shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back