Speakman and other job failures comparison

Football is a strange old business where failure is a constant that is rewarded in particular with managers. The current model at a lot of clubs now has one of the main roles of a manager taken away from them with a DOF now, which also rewards failure. Are there any other jobs out there none football related that have the same way of rewarding failure and also I want to put a list of job type failures that are up there with Soeakmans.

Take a surgeon for example. I’m guessing if you had a surgeon doing a leg amputation it would be bad,,,possible sackable offence. Then doing it again and again. Do posters have any other such examples of failures in other forms of employment that would not be tolerated as they are in football.
Its the only job that I know where you are allowed to spend millions, bring players in who are past it, not be able to organise a bunch of people, or motivate them enough to run through brick walls for you, lose games and walk away with on average say, a million quid, Just for failing to do the job you were specifically brought in to achieve. Then to cap it all off, some other daft twa t thinks your the perfect fit for their club.

I don't believe that we would sell Clarke, Neil, Patterson and not spend any money on any replacements. Fact is neither of us know who will be in the squad and who won't next season come the first day. We all know it's a big summer for the ownership so let's just wait and see what happens. But to say that every single player listed in that other comment playing a minute would get us relegated is just mental.
Look at what Speakman did with money brought in the summer on the back of player sales, what gives you confidence that he won't do the same.

Again it comes down to stepping up and replacing players who are injured and could leave in the summer.Mundle, Seelt and Aouchiche have all played in our latest run of form, 1 point from a possible 21, Seelt had been horrendous until his injury, Aouchiche blows hot and cold, mainly cold and Mundle showed absolutely nothing against an ordinary QPR team, in fact he was totally anonymous.Even as back up players in the squad they don't look anywhere near what we need to push on.
But to my point, Ross Stewart didn't look like what we needed in the first 6 months. Luke O'Nien had a debut he'll never want to see again. It's a team in bad form with little to no confidence it's not a high flying side where it's easier to come in and help a decent side out. I'm just making the point you can't just write off every single one of them because as a team we are struggling with a massive injury list and a poor run. Injuries have meant they have played so much and they don't look ready because they aren't.

But to my point, Ross Stewart didn't look like what we needed in the first 6 months. Luke O'Nien had a debut he'll never want to see again. It's a team in bad form with little to no confidence it's not a high flying side where it's easier to come in and help a decent side out. I'm just making the point you can't just write off every single one of them because as a team we are struggling with a massive injury list and a poor run. Injuries have meant they have played so much and they don't look ready because they aren't.
I have to chip in here ..Are ther any players ,recently ,say since last summer that you can see would be in the squad next season? for the life of me, I cant

They had other players playing alongside them and replace them, some with experience , some that could come off the bench to change games, they also had players and a coach to learn from. Who in the squad can those 4 strikers learn from, each other 🤷‍♂️ Look at the team against Southampton, look at the performance against QPR, they are not ready, some are nowhere near the standard required for championship football. 2 million pound spent on Hjelde who looks tragically bad and keeps getting worse the more he plays, he shouldn't be anywhere near a starting 11, even an injured Ballard looked head and shoulders above him. The last 3 windows have been disastrous, especially when Speakman said he wanted to improve on last seasons finish. Anyway mate we are never going to agree, if you're happy in the direction that this season has gone and it gives you confidence for next season then fine.

They had other players playing alongside them and replace them, some with experience , some that could come off the bench to change games, they also had players and a coach to learn from. Who in the squad can those 4 strikers learn from, each other 🤷‍♂️ Look at the team against Southampton, look at the performance against QPR, they are not ready, some are nowhere near the standard required for championship football. 2 million pound spent on Hjelde who looks tragically bad and keeps getting worse the more he plays, he shouldn't be anywhere near a starting 11, even an injured Ballard looked head and shoulders above him. The last 3 windows have been disastrous, especially when Speakman said he wanted to improve on last seasons finish. Anyway mate we are never going to agree, if you're happy in the direction that this season has gone and it gives you confidence for next season then fine.
this

To the first point - I've said that numerous times. That isn't what i'm arguing here.

To the second - I've said outwardly that the recruitment this season has been very poor this season and obviously hasn't gone how we all wanted. The issue is you can think all of that and not want the owner or the DoF sacked because of it. There is a bigger picture. Like you say we probably won't agree on much of it but I'm not just looking at this season when it comes to my opinion on recruitment and ownership. Every single football club makes mistakes with recruitment, or sacking a manager at the wrong time or not signing a player when they should do. It doesn't mean any good work has been undone and they're not fit for their jobs.
I have to chip in here ..Are ther any players ,recently ,say since last summer that you can see would be in the squad next season? for the life of me, I cant
Not sure I understand the question mate? Are you asking if any player signed since last summer would be in the squad next season?

Aye, we wouldn't miss his 15 goals and 4 assists and thanks for proving my point with injuries, the replacements brought in the last 3 windows are nowhere near ready for 1st team football, bar Bellingham none have been able to hold down a place in the starting 11. Now you can reply with your Harry Kane crack, never get bored with that when time and time again you're proved wrong.

Honestly If posters can't see how the squad this season has been treated more as a shop window than a team bringing in players for a serious push for the top six then I give up :lol:
Have you not read what I’ve just said I said he’s obv missed but the main factor is all the other injuries that have happened at the same time

Have you not read what I’ve just said I said he’s obv missed but the main factor is all the other injuries that have happened at the same time
I did read what you said and it made no sense, the players you mentioned are always injured , the replacements who end up playing most of the season are nowhere near good enough. I forgot you reckoned that the strikers would start chipping in with goals now selfish Clarke isn't in the team, hows that going. How is golden boy Styles doing?, he plays for Hungary so he must be class.

I don't believe that we would sell Clarke, Neil, Patterson and not spend any money on any replacements. Fact is neither of us know who will be in the squad and who won't next season come the first day. We all know it's a big summer for the ownership so let's just wait and see what happens. But to say that every single player listed in that other comment playing a minute would get us relegated is just mental.
What did we spend Stewart and Gooch money on ? You are confident any money raised will 1) be all spent on players 2) how confident are you in the quality of players we will bring in ?

What did we spend Stewart and Gooch money on ? You are confident any money raised will 1) be all spent on players 2) how confident are you in the quality of players we will bring in ?
I don’t know I’m not involved in the running of the club or see where money comes in or out. Neither is anyone on here but plenty go on like they know things for a fact.
I’m not confident all money that comes into the club will be spent on players no because that would be silly.
I’m confident we will address issues in the summer that we have had this season. The recruitment this season has been poor but before that it was good so it’s hard to say. They’ve shown they get it very right and very wrong

I did read what you said and it made no sense, the players you mentioned are always injured , the replacements who end up playing most of the season are nowhere near good enough. I forgot you reckoned that the strikers would start chipping in with goals now selfish Clarke isn't in the team, hows that going. How is golden boy Styles doing?, he plays for Hungary so he must be class.
Once again didn’t say that I said maybe other people can raise their game now Clarke’s injured and maybe help the strikers score now we haven’t got someone playing inverted , but he’s continued to do so and play same way, we have been unlucky with injuries it’s not just about Clarke that just happens to come at the worst possible time with a load of other players missing , Styles hasn’t played once in the position he plays for Hungary , you wanna start again like ? All you do is twist peoples words to try win arguments man its pathetic are you enjoying us failing ? You seem to be thriving in it

Playing devil's advocate here, if he hadn't signed Amad last season then he probably wouldn't be coming in for much criticism. We would have finished about 14th, and then this season would look like progress especially considering we were unlucky with Stewart's injury, even though we've dropped off a lot in the past couple of months (again with lots of injuries and suspensions).

Once again didn’t say that I said maybe other people can raise their game now Clarke’s injured and maybe help the strikers score now we haven’t got someone playing inverted , but he’s continued to do so and play same way, we have been unlucky with injuries it’s not just about Clarke that just happens to come at the worst possible time with a load of other players missing , Styles hasn’t played once in the position he plays for Hungary , you wanna start again like ? All you do is twist peoples words to try win arguments man its pathetic are you enjoying us failing ? You seem to be thriving in it
I'll tell you what mate, I'll put you on ignore, I don't come on here to argue and read your drivel 👍

Back