Spanish city dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow joe

Winger
Opens on Monday and I have to say it looks brilliant inside. Bars, restaurants, shops, ice cream shops and the outside is done brilliantly. Be worth a visit for those of you who don't live in the area, there's even a champagne and oyster bar for those who like that sort of thing.

Opens on Monday and I have to say it looks brilliant inside. Bars, restaurants, shops, ice cream shops and the outside is done brilliantly. Be worth a visit for those of you who don't live in the area, there's even a champagne and oyster bar for those who like that sort of thing.
i worked on it for 6 months. no expense spared by the client. everything is top notch. can't wait to see it finished

Whitley Bay has always had two very distinctive landmarks that I remember since a kid, for all I’ve never been back there for donkeys years.
The Spanish City and St Mary’s Lighthouse.

Strangely, offhand I can’t recall seeing an identical dome in an actual Spanish City,
though my memory is not all it might be these days.

Whitley Bay has always had two very distinctive landmarks that I remember since a kid, for all I’ve never been back there for donkeys years.
The Spanish City and St Mary’s Lighthouse.

Strangely, offhand I can’t recall seeing an identical dome in an actual Spanish City,
though my memory is not all it might be these days.

Don't think it's meant to be an identical one, and it's done fairly cheaply in comparison to what you would see in a Spanish city. Based on Spanish renaissance architecture (which is much in evidence in Salamanca).

Really the type of thing Sunderland's seafront could have done with- be interesting to see what impact this has on Whitley Bay as it has been quite an isolated area for years now.

Will be great when it's open, along with the new promenade the sea front is looking much tidier. There's been quite a few new little bars and restaurants popping recently too, so it's definitely on the up!

Brilliant. I’d love to see Whitley Bay back to its best. It’s look tired for a long time. Childhood memories are great from having a caravan there.
It's getting there now. The new prom is great and like posted above some canny bars and restaurants. It's been deralict for about 20yrs so good to see it being revamped.

Really the type of thing Sunderland's seafront could have done with- be interesting to see what impact this has on Whitley Bay as it has been quite an isolated area for years now.
Aye. Unfortunately we don't have an iconic building like that (could develop morrisons I suppose :-O). But a bar restaurant complex would be great.

Good to hear. Whitley Bay or (Shitley Bay to most) is an absolute hovel and a hellhole so hopefully this will bring it to a level where it might get folk going back

It’s an awful place. Always strewn with vomit and pizza boxes. Always tones of old slags in pink stetsons on hen dos and the amount of heroin addicts as amazing. I’ll give this place a few months and it’ll be closed down.
Well thats a boring post. If youre going to fish its best to not make it so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back