Southgate out!

Devils Advocate but we have 4 points from Croatia and Scotland without conceding. Another bore draw will see us qualify 2nd, and that would suit the Czechs too. 2nd seems to offer a better last 16 game than 1st as well. We may well become more expansive from then on. I for one am far from raging. And my opinion hasn’t changed since pre tournament, I can’t see us winning it.

Who’d have thought the bloke who was a laughing stock at boro would be so shit for england
Said it before and I'll keep saying it.

There was a time when the England job was the pinnacle of a manager's career. Now they can only get a failed Middlesbrough boss to take it.

A few years ago he had us playing some lovely stuff. We went to Spain, won 3-0 and ripped them apart on the counter attack.

For some reason though he’s went back into his shell and seems to be more bothered about the opposition than trying to win the actual game.

Bellingham pisses all over Declan "the footballers footballer" Rice.
Sorry, but passing the ball a few yards away, predominantly to defenders isn't the definition of a good footballer imo. I'll bet his stats are spectacular, but that role is pointless imo. Defensive midfielders should be expected to push forward when in possession also. It was as if we were playing three centre halves at times.
A few years ago he had us playing some lovely stuff. We went to Spain, won 3-0 and ripped them apart on the counter attack.

For some reason though he’s went back into his shell and seems to be more bothered about the opposition than trying to win the actual game.
I agree, but we beat Spain 3-2 didn't we, think we might have been 3 up mind.

Last edited:
Sorry, but passing the ball a few yards away, predominantly to defenders isn't the definition of a good footballer imo. I'll bet his stats are spectacular, but that role is pointless imo. Defensive midfielders should be expected to push forward when in possession also. It was as if we were playing three centre halves at times.

I agree, but we beat Spain 3-2 didn't we, think we might have been 3 up mind.
We were definitely 3 up at one point mate. I thought it finished 0-3 but I’m probably wrong :lol:

Devils Advocate but we have 4 points from Croatia and Scotland without conceding. Another bore draw will see us qualify 2nd, and that would suit the Czechs too. 2nd seems to offer a better last 16 game than 1st as well. We may well become more expansive from then on. I for one am far from raging. And my opinion hasn’t changed since pre tournament, I can’t see us winning it.
I just can't see is all of a sudden flicking a switch and playing attacking, exciting football.

I think we've had too many good players playing under par so far. Kane, Foden, Mount not doing enough and no end product. Rice really poor, but this might be Southgate's doing, preventing him from pushing forward.

Why's Chilwell not playing?
We were definitely 3 up at one point mate. I thought it finished 0-3 but I’m probably wrong :lol:
They pulled two goals back mate. Think we were under the cosh a bit at the end. Might have even been 3-0 half time.

England ARE just another average team. That’s the problem and the reason for the whinging. They have the players and ability to be a very good team. Look at how Mancini has Italy playing. They’re like a pack of Wolves when teams try and play it out from the back. He’s working with tools no better than those at Southgates disposal. Mancini was a forward as a player….Southgate a defender.

ROBSON - taylor- VENABLES.
hodgson - southgate - ?
Italy also have 2 of the best defenders of the last decade who don’t need protecting. We have stones and Mings. Think they’d be shown up without the protection to be honest

Bellingham pisses all over Declan "the footballers footballer" Rice.
Rice is better than Bellingham but Southgate barely allows him to cross the halfway line, which isn't the way West Ham use him. It is pointless playing Rice & Phillips in the same midfield, they are both good players but they are too similar. Southgate is out of his depth at this level, the team has enough quality to get through to the knockout stages despite him but he isn't the man to win us a tournament. He is scared to have any attacking intent in case we concede. Well sooner or later we will and that will be that.

I just can't see is all of a sudden flicking a switch and playing attacking, exciting football.

I think we've had too many good players playing under par so far. Kane, Foden, Mount not doing enough and no end product. Rice really poor, but this might be Southgate's doing, preventing him from pushing forward.

Why's Chilwell not playing?

They pulled two goals back mate. Think we were under the cosh a bit at the end. Might have even been 3-0 half time.
Deffo more of the same v Czechs then a possible change of personnel in last 16. Maybe. As for Kane, I lose energy just watching him play right now.

Back