Southgate out!

Incorrect, we played decent and should have won, we didn’t take our chances, even with four points you have been poor in both of your games but have scraped through.
England were poor. Scotland played decent. To say you should’ve won is stretching it a bit. Could’ve won is about right. England could’ve won, neither should’ve won. A draw keeps the group alive though which has to be a good thing.
Croatia peaked sometime between 2016-18. Theyer beatable.

England were poor. Scotland played decent. To say you should’ve won is stretching it a bit. Could’ve won is about right. England could’ve won, neither should’ve won. A draw keeps the group alive though which has to be a good thing.
Croatia peaked sometime between 2016-18. Theyer beatable.
People getting excited thinking we’re celebrating a draw, what the background is we have a one shot home game to qualify, we’re still in it and need to win but this was our hope going into this. That we still had a chance going into the final game

Southgate has equaled Sir Bobby Robson's forth place finish at a world cup and has a better win percentage than him!
This.
And to say he is a 'failed Middlesbrough manager' and a laughing stock isn't correct imo.

He had two and a bit seasons as Boro manager, the first two seasons finishing mid-table in the premier league.
In the Summer of 2008, it was obvious that the club were on a 'cost cutting' mission, with Schwarzer, Cattermole and Boateng all leaving - ultimately leading to relegation in 2008/09.

The following season, he had us in fourth position (one point from top) in the championship - but was sacked in the October.
His successor (Strachan) very nearly had us into the third tier.
Tbh I would much rather have Eddie howe as manager. The bloke did a very good job at Bournemouth for first 6 or 7 years there. What did Southgate do before managing England? Managed boro for a few months and relegated them.

I just dont think we'd see the negativity from howe that is apparent in teams Southgate puts out. I also think howe would be able to manage games far better.

But the FA aren't getting shot, so all irrelevant.
Actually Southgate was Boro manager for two and a bit seasons , having two mid-table premier league finishes in that time.
We'll never know how things would have panned out under different circumstances, but he didnt get the chance to turn things around after all the fire sales and cost cutting remits

Last edited:
Thought Scotland out fought and out thought us , but unfortunately for them that's the best they can play , it was there final when you think about it , similar to Accrington against us , Southgate is so busy wanting to be the players mate he has forgotten he's the manager

Southgate has equaled Sir Bobby Robson's forth place finish at a world cup and has a better win percentage than him!

I think, as ever, people are getting overly excited about the level of talent in the England squad. We have some very good players but we are still iffy in a good few areas of the park. The spine of the side is not of top international standard; Stones, Mings, Phillips and Rice are solid players but that’s not a core of players that is going to dominate their opponents with consistency. Granted, Southgate could change it in the middle of the park and show more ambition, and I think that’s a very fair criticism, but ultimately he is getting and has got good results as England manager. Better than the vast majority of his predecessors.

The stuff about being a yes man and a jobs for the boys type appointment is just really lazy and wrong. For years people have asked for England to have a system of stability in place (like the Germans) that transitions young players through the ranks and into the first team with clear coaching structures; we’ve employed that and it’s ‘jobs for the boys’.

Thought Scotland out fought and out thought us , but unfortunately for them that's the best they can play , it was there final when you think about it , similar to Accrington against us , Southgate is so busy wanting to be the players mate he has forgotten he's the manager
You were doing well until ‘there final’ it’s their btw, anyway, the Croatia game is the biggest game of the tournament so this cup final bollox is a load of bollox

Grammar police lol , Scotland are shit and Croatia will hammer them and I hope its a real hammering , drawing your biggest game for years is embarrassing for us and victory for you lot

This.
And to say he is a 'failed Middlesbrough manager' and a laughing stock isn't correct imo.

He had two and a bit seasons as Boro manager, the first two seasons finishing mid-table in the premier league.
In the Summer of 2008, it was obvious that the club were on a 'cost cutting' mission, with Schwarzer, Cattermole and Boateng all leaving - ultimately leading to relegation in 2008/09.

The following season, he had us in fourth position (one point from top) in the championship - but was sacked in the October.
His successor (Strachan) very nearly had us into the third tier.

Actually Southgate was Boro manager for two and a bit seasons , having two mid-table premier league finishes in that time.
We'll never know how things would have panned out under different circumstances, but he didnt get the chance to turn things around after all the fire sales and cost cutting remits
I stand corrected mate. I do seem to recall he had a decent squad when he sent you down though. Ultimately the relegation will have done for him.

He did well in the last World Cup and up to the first nations league campaign. But from that point we've regressed whilst the players at his disposal has improved.

His negativity in setting the team up is sniffling the team. Our build up play is slow and ponderous. We just pass it around in front on the midfield with no urgency. Two average defensive holding midfielders. No sancho. Grealish a few mins. Hauling off arguably our best outfield player. Kane absolutely goosed yet still getting played. End result is a crock of shite. I would be absolutely amazed if we make it past the 2nd round.

I stand corrected mate. I do seem to recall he had a decent squad when he sent you down though. Ultimately the relegation will have done for him.

He did well in the last World Cup and up to the first nations league campaign. But from that point we've regressed whilst the players at his disposal has improved.

His negativity in setting the team up is sniffling the team. Our build up play is slow and ponderous. We just pass it around in front on the midfield with no urgency. Two average defensive holding midfielders. No sancho. Grealish a few mins. Hauling off arguably our best outfield player. Kane absolutely goosed yet still getting played. End result is a crock of shite. I would be absolutely amazed if we make it past the 2nd round.

Have we regressed?

Grammar police lol , Scotland are shit and Croatia will hammer them and I hope its a real hammering , drawing your biggest game for years is embarrassing for us and victory for you lot

the same Croatia that have never beaten Scotland?, that Croatia 😂😂👏👏
Quit before you make more of an erse of yourself

Hopefully England beat Czechs and go on to a decent tournament. Owt could happen.
But saying stuff like he Should be sacked right now - which never happens - is crackers. Reminds me of people who get on here and want Parky, Ross or Lee Jonno sacked at half time :lol:

He's absolutely shite. No track record at all, cripplingly negative and about as inspirational as a pair of beige y fronts.
That sums him up niceley. Should never have been given the job, he must have kissed some ass, he has never achieved anything much in footbal and never will. If he stays on he will waste a half decent squad, Erikson style.
Anyone who thought we will win the Euros are deluding themselves, we were lucky to win the last two friendies 1-0 against Austria and Romania, some good goalkeeping saved us, Croatia we were poor against an average Croatia team, Kane has had a few injuries and struggled for form this season, Rashford and Sterlings forms have been poor, Foden and Mount are young and not going to perform miracles.

In the game Scotland worked hard and deserved at least the draw, Southgate plays two defensive midfielders when we should attack them, Should of took off Sterling for Grealish but takes off one of our better players in Foden for him, Kane should of been subbed at half time. Southgate is on borrowed time!
Spot on.

Last edited:
I think, as ever, people are getting overly excited about the level of talent in the England squad. We have some very good players but we are still iffy in a good few areas of the park. The spine of the side is not of top international standard; Stones, Mings, Phillips and Rice are solid players but that’s not a core of players that is going to dominate their opponents with consistency. Granted, Southgate could change it in the middle of the park and show more ambition, and I think that’s a very fair criticism, but ultimately he is getting and has got good results as England manager. Better than the vast majority of his predecessors.

The stuff about being a yes man and a jobs for the boys type appointment is just really lazy and wrong. For years people have asked for England to have a system of stability in place (like the Germans) that transitions young players through the ranks and into the first team with clear coaching structures; we’ve employed that and it’s ‘jobs for the boys’.
I think people just see another England manager making the same mistakes as his predicesorse
the same Croatia that have never beaten Scotland?, that Croatia 😂😂👏👏
Quit before you make more of an erse of yourself
10 years nearly since you last played them ffs , grasping at straws , planes already warming up

Back