Southgate out!

There's no doubt with the quality of players we have available we should be playing much better and beating the likes of Scotland who have players like Hanley and co playing for them

There's no doubt with the quality of players we have available we should be playing much better and beating the likes of Scotland who have players like Hanley and co playing for them

games are won and lost in the centre of the park. Scotland’s midfield two of McTominay and McGinn aren’t much worse, if at all, than England’s two of Rice and Phillips.

It was a bad performance after a decent one. This has happened in most tournaments I can remember. I think the reaction has been OTT

games are won and lost in the centre of the park. Scotland’s midfield two of McTominay and McGinn aren’t much worse, if at all, than England’s two of Rice and Phillips.

It was a bad performance after a decent one. This has happened in most tournaments I can remember. I think the reaction has been OTT
Games aren't just won in the centre of the park that's ridiculous we have players all over the pitch who are better and should have beaten them

Games aren't just won in the centre of the park that's ridiculous we have players all over the pitch who are better

If you don’t win the midfield battle, you don’t win games. That isn’t ridiculous. Unlike against Croatia, our central midfield were completely nullified and tamed. Rice was playing like a centre half without a clue how to pass it forward and Phillips didn’t show a bit of the energy and desire to drive forward that he did in the previous fixture.

He's choosing to play Rice and Phillips there, that's the nub of the point.

I agree with the sentiment behind your second sentence mind, very few sides perform every time they take to the field. We didn't always play well when winning the WC, however, the questions over Southgate being up to the job remain.

Hanley couldn't get a game for us in the Championship 5 years ago. It's an embarrassing result like, no two ways about it.

Well it would be bizarre to equate Southgate with Ramsay but I didn’t do that. No manager has taken England further in a tournament than Southgate than Ramsay. That’s just simply a fact

We beat Panama and Sweden. Drew with Columbia (w.pens). Lost twice to Belgium and to Croatia.

That is nowt special but luck of the draw and he finds himself in a semi final. Can’t put Southgate and Ramsay in same bracket. Ramsay also earned the job the hard way unlike Southgate who was fortunate to be around the FA when it came up.

Teams should come to life in the tournament proper, not retreat into their shell. Momentum is everything and more important than meekly squeaking into the next round.

He said himself that you only need 38% of the population to run the country, so the kneeling continues. In his own case, all he needs is the FA Board to run the national side (why I don't support them) and what the fans think is immaterial to the money men.

His direction is to pick a side of young lads who the media and advertisers really want to see and play a style of football that the football purists in the journalist community want to see. I actually thought it a sackable offence to play Sterling and bringing on Rashford was a nutty decision.

Last edited:
He was the dogs bollox last week, I read it on here.
He was become a shit manger because he couldn't set up to beat a Scottish team who were motivated.
Absolute arrogance from the england fans who need to realise england are just another average team.

Get it right up you
England ARE just another average team. That’s the problem and the reason for the whinging. They have the players and ability to be a very good team. Look at how Mancini has Italy playing. They’re like a pack of Wolves when teams try and play it out from the back. He’s working with tools no better than those at Southgates disposal. Mancini was a forward as a player….Southgate a defender.

ROBSON - taylor- VENABLES.
hodgson - southgate - ?

Back