Southern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will it's a bit of a paradox really.
I'm obviously talking the mainland here, but it's probably the most stable political system in Europe the last couple of hundred years.

It is, but its not suited to this century. You would be all the better for it if someone had chopped off the heads of the royal family a few hundred years ago. The only good thing the British people have is the NHS and most have been brain washed into thinking that no one else has as good health care system which is complete nonsense.

Will its people always hate the English?

Things have been a lot better, thankfully, but it seems to be simmering again.

Brexit might see it all kick off again.

If it goes back to the bad old days it'll certainly put the so called problems with Muslims into perspective.

The Irish don't hate the English you big silly.

It is, but its not suited to this century. You would be all the better for it if someone had chopped off the heads of the royal family a few hundred years ago. The only good thing the British people have is the NHS and most have been brain washed into thinking that no one else has as good health care system which is complete nonsense.
We did actually, but they keep coming out of the woodwork. It also looks like you haven't noticed that several other European countries you mentioned also retain monarchies.

Since when are paedophile priests elected?
Even more of a mystery then why they were allowed to oppress an entire nation until the last 2 decades.

Last edited:
We did actually, but they keep coming out of the woodwork. It also looks like you haven't noticed that several other European countries you mentioned also retain monarchies.

The difference is that the better ones don't have first past the post electoral systems and most importantly, a written Constitution which lays down the rules of governance and also lay down fundamental human rights so that politicians can be held to account.

Even more of a mystery then why they were allowed to oppress an entire nation until the last 2 decades.

Not sure what you mean here, but the catholic church doesn't have the monopoly on paedophiles. Most acts of paedophilia are committed by family members.

Not sure what you mean here, but the catholic church doesn't have the monopoly on paedophiles. Most acts of paedophilia are committed by family members.
It was the mid 1970s* before contraceptives were allowed to be sold. And when was divorce legalised?

Correction, mid 1980s.

Theocratic oppression.

Last edited:
Apart from ceremoniously the monarchy has largely been an irrelevance politically for a long time, we were probably the first country in Europe to kick the fuckers out, after that they were largely puppets.
I think we have a little bit more than just the NHS and no one’s brain washed me into thinking other countries don’t have good health care.

It was the mid 1970s* before contraceptives were allowed to be sold. And when was divorce legalised?

Correction, mid 1980s.

Theocratic oppression.

Thats the problem when its the people who decide with a referendum.

Wonder would the UK have voted for Same Sex Marriage in a referendum? Or Divorce, Or Abortion?

Apart from ceremoniously the monarchy has largely been an irrelevance politically for a long time, we were probably the first country in Europe to kick the fuckers out, after that they were largely puppets.
I think we have a little bit more than just the NHS and no one’s brain washed me into thinking other countries don’t have good health care.

What I was trying to communicate was that the UK would be much better off if it had a written constitution. The royals are fine really, the Queen in particular - just there is too much scraping and bowing to them which encourages this division in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back