Southend Tory MP David Amess RIP

BBC saying that the attack has been declared a terrorist incident.

“Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command are leading the investigation and police have said the early investigation has revealed "a potential motivation linked to Islamist extremism".

Is there anything Amess did in his career that may have made him more of a target than other MPs?
Very supportive of Israel and the Jewish community

Last edited:

Good to see Johnson and Starmer there today to respectfully lay wreaths together. The image of unity across the divide, in defence of democracy against evil, is very powerful and I would respectfully suggest something we all need to see, and to heed.
Hopefully if any good is to come out of this it will make people in both parties realise that the toxic rhetoric towards those of different political persuasions needs to stop. The US is seemingly fucked beyond repair in that regard and I really don't want us to end up the same way.

Good to see Johnson and Starmer there today to respectfully lay wreaths together. The image of unity across the divide, in defence of democracy against evil, is very powerful and I would respectfully suggest something we all need to see, and to heed.
Its the sort of message that needs to go out, the country is divided and it's becoming the norm. This poor bloke dedicated almost all his life to serving the people of Essex and deserved better.

Leaving politics aside, this is an absolutely sickening and cowardly attack. The lad was meeting constituents to represent their views in Parliament and posed no thread whatsoever.
It is utterly appalling and if it leads to restrictions on meeting MPs this sick cowardly bastard has caused society to go backwards.

Although this thread has now been temporarily locked by another moderator, I've had to remove another 39 posts because of inappropriate language, and that's after @AB22 Easy Tiger and @McMackem spent ages on Friday afternoon just to keep the thread on track.

This was supposed to be a simple RIP thread and if you had an iota of self awareness you'd realise it was a totally unsuitable platform for political point scoring.

It's very rare that I get angry on here but honestly what is the f*cking matter with some of you?

Last edited:
Again, dozens upon dozens of completely inappropriate posts deleted. If anyone wants to discuss the Politics of it, then start a thread in the correct forum. The last attempt was scrubbed when it fell into a disarray of fighting and point scoring. If the same re-occurs warnings will fly like confetti.

Unlocked again now for any further respectful comments only.

Last edited:
Again, dozens upon dozens of completely inappropriate posts deleted. If anyone wants to discuss the Politics of it, then start a thread in the correct forum. The last attempt was scrubbed when it fell into a disarray of fighting and point scoring. If the same re-occurs warnings will fly like confetti.

Unlocked again now for any further respectful comments only.
Echoed. What the Fuck is wrong with people?
Although this thread has now been temporarily locked by another moderator, I've had to remove another 39 posts because of inappropriate language, and that's after @AB22 Easy Tiger and @McMackem spent ages on Friday afternoon just to keep the thread on track.

This was supposed to be a simple RIP thread and if you had an iota of self awareness you'd realise it was a totally unsuitable platform for political point scoring.

It's very rare that I get angry on here but honestly what is the f*cking matter with some of you?
This

Back