Southampton in League 1

Windypants

Winger
Remember when Southampton came back to the PL, from L1 with a team stuffed full of Academy graduates? In two years time (maybe even next season), our first team squad could contain Hume, Stryjek, Mumba, Embleton, Molyneux, Gooch, Honeyman, Watmore, Kimpioka and Maja. How good would it be to have a squad, the bulk of whom have grown up and learned to play at Sunderland?

Remember when Southampton came back to the PL, from L1 with a team stuffed full of Academy graduates? In two years time (maybe even next season), our first team squad could contain Hume, Stryjek, Mumba, Embleton, Molyneux, Gooch, Honeyman, Watmore, Kimpioka and Maja. How good would it be to have a squad, the bulk of whom have grown up and learned to play at Sunderland?
We need to sort out a few of their contracts sharpish then, half of them could be off in the summer!

We need to sort out a few of their contracts sharpish then, half of them could be off in the summer!
I just hope that they're all having such a good time playing with their mates that they realise the grass isn't always greener, despite what their agents tell them e.g. Joel 'movingtoSwanseawasashitdecision' Asoro.

One or two of those mentioned will fall by the wayside and the likelihood is others we haven’t heard of yet will come through
Maybe,. In the category of others we haven't heard of, Jordan Hunter looks a really good prospect.

Last edited:
Always thought it was a very upmarket place for some reason. Here now, bit of a shithole isnt it!

Agree with the sentiment. Ston, Burnley, Bournmouth etc have had numerous lads make the grade who’ve cost nothing and outperformed and outbattled the shitstains we blew millions on.

Which we can sell for millions and pay off the debt.... oh hold on..

Always thought it was a very upmarket place for some reason. Here now, bit of a shithole isnt it!

Agree with the sentiment. Ston, Burnley, Bournmouth etc have had numerous lads make the grade who’ve cost nothing and outperformed and outbattled the shitstains we blew millions on.
Used to think the same, Southampton and Portsmouth are like most places I've been in England, equal measures of nice areas and shitholes

This, everyone who thinks Sunderland is undesirable should look around more, the south has as many shitholes as the north, it just costs more to live there.

Completely agree. Spent some time in Watford recently. It was like I was in a different country. Absolute shit hole. Then just outside such beautiful places like Rickmansworth.

Would be great.
Until Liverpool bought them all....

Completely agree. Spent some time in Watford recently. It was like I was in a different country. Absolute shit hole. Then just outside such beautiful places like Rickmansworth.
Watford itself is pretty unlovely but as you say, surrounded by some very nice places.

Then the next batch gets their chance.

Its the only way for us now. No more washed up big time charlies chasing the cash. We’ll get some wallopings along the way but hopefully not throughblack of effort.
Agreed but it’s pretty soul destroying. Am enjoying the ride now but when we get back to the PL I’ll still be of the view that money has ruined it for the vast majority of clubs and given them very little to aim for beyond survival.

Good post mate.

Any money is good money tho as per SD’s vision of making us sustainable so cashing out early would probably be the way it goes for now

Agreed but it’s pretty soul destroying. Am enjoying the ride now but when we get back to the PL I’ll still be of the view that money has ruined it for the vast majority of clubs and given them very little to aim for beyond survival.

My dream is a 10th place club that goes massively for cups every year. Its all thats acheivable.

Back