Southampton’s Kit

They seem to happily change and tweak the design from time to time, not afraid of moving away from their traditional red and white stripes, why can’t we follow suit and if not, why are some fans so against change?
Its probably the main reason I dislike Southampton as a club.

What do you want a red V on a white background? Our strip is red and white stripes and we should stick with that.

You'd have to be a canny age to have a living memory of that history though.

My memories are of relentless failure with a couple of years in the 90s when things looked like they were on the up but then went shite again.

The game didn't start in this part of the North-East in 1992, the history is there and something most fans are proud of, we evolved to Red and white stripes pretty quickly and generations have followed us with that shirt with just an aberration the early '80's which was quickly reversed (would have made a lovely away top mind). Anyone who wants a new identity to change our fortunes is off their rocker and really shouldn't be following a team involving black cats if that is their level of superstition!!

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind an Ajax or Feyenoord approach. Though if like Ajax, maybe a wide red stripe under the arms/sides. Basically 4 red stripes all the way the round, but not as wide under the arms. Sleeves with red adjoining under the arms stripe and one stripe down the outside of shoulder to cuff.

Last edited:
Its probably the main reason I dislike Southampton as a club.

What do you want a red V on a white background? Our strip is red and white stripes and we should stick with that.

I just get bored of stripes mate, it would be nice to mix it up. It’s not as if the strips we’re churning out are aesthetically pleasing.

We should do an off the wall kit every three or four years. Checks, quarters, halves, hoops. If Barcelona can do it every so often without everyone flipping out, we can too.
Would be utter class if the shirt was divided into 4 thematic squares and we fit all styles into one shirt. Use a blue sash as a dividing line.

Back