Southampton’s Kit

We're trying to rebuild our identity, not diminish it further.

What identity mate? Why not create a new one focused on success?
We should do an off the wall kit every three or four years. Checks, quarters, halves, hoops. If Barcelona can do it every so often without everyone flipping out, we can too.

Spot on and agree completely. It would be nice to have something different. It feels as though we haven’t had a decent strip for years.

Southampton - Historical Football Kits

Yep- no stripes in the 80s at all...

A nice selection of different designs. I always believe clubs shouldn’t feel they have to stick with a strip style and instead change the style based on 3 or 4 core colours. For example we could use red, white, black and gold with red being the predominant colour but one season it could be stripes, the next similar to Arsenal’s or all red etc.

Red and white striped shirt with white sleeves
White shorts
Black socks

think Argentina’s kit off about ten year ago

Loved our almost all red number off two year ago.

They seem to happily change and tweak the design from time to time, not afraid of moving away from their traditional red and white stripes, why can’t we follow suit and if not, why are some fans so against change?
We have a large collective of fans who can’t get over a badge we ditched decades ago that harks back to an industry that ceased to exist here decades ago.

I reckon anything other then red and white stripes would finish a few people off

Remind me how many League titles Southampton have? The difference is they have no history to trash.

Be as outlandish and experimental as you like with the away strips, but leave the red and white stripes alone.

Back