Southampton’s Kit

Is it? Someone did it to me and I was told it was gaslighting. Maybe I was ghosted then 🤷‍♀️

I'm too old for it anarl 😂
Gaslighting would be to say no one told you it was Gaslighting. You must have imagined it. Hey Becs, Im concerned you're losing your mind. You're not going to hurt yourself are you?

And giving a patronising explanation of gaslighting to a lady is called mansplaining. You're very welcome.

Last edited:
We have a large collective of fans who can’t get over a badge we ditched decades ago that harks back to an industry that ceased to exist here decades ago.

I reckon anything other then red and white stripes would finish a few people off
Bring back the old badge but replace the ship silhouette with a juke

The sash has got plenty of history at Southampton. Southampton’s first ever kit (1885) was a red sash on a white background.

They revived that again last season and decided to keep the sash for this season but inverted the colours.

It’s our 150th anniversary at the end of the decade. Too far ahead to seriously think about. But wonder if we’d be bold enough to have a season playing in the navy blue kit we first wore? Probably not, eh.

We played in Navy from 1880 - 1884. Then red and white halves until 1889. It’s been a variation of red and white stripes ever since 1890

Bring back the 55/56 "floodlights special" edition as a 3rd kit!

In face we've not had a 3rd kit in ages, probably due to shite & standard templates that Adidas & Nike have serves for years, then the club having to flog them off for a tenner come the end of the season.

Have to go back to Umbro for the last decent shirt we actually had.

Edit, just remembered we had the black "chorcole" 3rd kit when we got relegated under Coleman.

Last edited:
They seem to happily change and tweak the design from time to time, not afraid of moving away from their traditional red and white stripes, why can’t we follow suit and if not, why are some fans so against change?
Their strips are shite.

I wouldn't have minded the pinstripes if it had a striped back (and we weren't utter shite in it)

I think it looks good here

Logon or register to see this image

Could probably use a different sponsor mind.

Last edited:
Remind me how many League titles Southampton have? The difference is they have no history to trash.

Be as outlandish and experimental as you like with the away strips, but leave the red and white stripes alone.
They have a history. Regale me of your last league title and we can talk about all that happened since then can be trashed.

I live in Southampton, they love their one city club as much as you and hate their nearest rival as bitterly as you do.

Back