South Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Were you’re talking about does have A few half way houses. There huge houses so they do get used for that aswel as nurseries etc. It’s a lovely street otherwise. The police do get called out a few times but mostly it’s no bother.
They really need to get improve the area, first step try and get those back to being houses

Yeah Beach Road and still the same as you recall mate. It’s a beautiful looking street.

Just had a quick scour on the web, looks like there's a couple of houses up for sale and one or two for upwards of £300k. Not surprising for me. I didn't have the most enjoyable of experiences but can certainly understand why properties would be up for that sort of price. Like you say, lovely looking street with the old Georgian houses.

Yeah the ship is alright for a couple of mid afternoon / teatime pints but that’s about it. Strangely I’ve been in most boxing days the past few years with in-laws around the corner.
I used to get in Vig back room a bit for the football but don’t bother now. Certainly not missing it.
Used to get in the Vig, early 2000s now and again and been on a few of their racing trips. My friends nephew used to run them.

Not been in for ages.

Yep on the corner? It’s always full of wronguns

I used to pick up a young lad from there to take to the Freeman Hospital for dialysis, he was on the same treatment schedule as me. He used to come to our house for Sunday lunch and to get his laundry done, his back story was terrible. Thanks to a mate on the Council and Social Services he eventually got a decent home, unfortunately still on dialysis and will never get on the transplant register.
That HMO would have ended his life soon enough.

There’s loads of good pizza places, not to mention the best Indian curries around.
If he’s going to buy a kip based on Indian restaurants then he should go to Shields for cheap crap or Sunderland for quality stuff like Goa, Shagorika, Alishaan, Motiraj and Spice Empire.

I used to pick up a young lad from there to take to the Freeman Hospital for dialysis, he was on the same treatment schedule as me. He used to come to our house for Sunday lunch and to get his laundry done, his back story was terrible. Thanks to a mate on the Council and Social Services he eventually got a decent home, unfortunately still on dialysis and will never get on the transplant register.
That HMO would have ended his life soon enough.
Sounds like you done him a favour getting him out of there and spending a bit time with him

All shite
Have you been to all five I mentioned?

We used to go to Ocean Road when we were younger and had less cash, we went to most of them and the only decent one was the white building on the north side, the rest of them were shite and that’s why we went to so many to find a decent one.

Have you been to all five I mentioned?

We used to go to Ocean Road when we were younger and had less cash, we went to most of them and the only decent one was the white building on the north side, the rest of them were shite and that’s why we went to so many to find a decent one.
Have you been to every curry house on Ocean Road?

Have you been to every curry house on Ocean Road?
Of course not, over 2-3 years we went to about 15 on the south side when we were courting, they were poor, we went back to one’s that went bust, changed their style but they were still cheap and shite. The only good one on Ocean Road we liked was the big white building half way up on the north side of the road. Do you want me to be more specific on my experience of shite cheap food?
Ok, nearly every curry house on Ocean Road is crap in comparison to 5 curry houses you’ve just degenerated and never been to. Bellend.

Tandoori International I think your on about. Been there for years. Have you been in the last couple of years. Lasun at westoe, is spot on. Spice Garden, Zeera, Probably a few more since you were last here. Dont write it off.

Shields, close enough to Sunderland for the match, far enough away so we don't have the daft accents....

:lol:;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good lord !! Let them without fault cast the first stone !!!!!! I was only born seven miles away on Wearside (praise the lord and his holy mother, thank you so, so much ) I honestly could not understand the utterances the first time I heard a Tyneside accent in full flow on my first day at work away from Sunderland. I was absolutely stumped for a while when one of the locals announced "Wagowanforwardinnaz" what in gods name was this gobbledygook ???? till I looked at the clock and realised it was noon, and the dear souls with the broad accents were trying to inform the english speakers like myself they were going for a bite of lunch . :rolleyes: :eek: :oops::D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back