South Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mate of mine moved back there recently after many years, I asked him how it was being back in his old home town after so many years.

His first comment was that a lot of the lasses are a shade of orange.

I've lived in Ellington (near Ashington), Lancaster, Newcastle (Heaton) x2 and now Shields just down from the County (as mentioned above) for coming up to 4 years now and Shields is easily the best place I've lived. My run often takes me up prince edward road and the bus to work goes past the Nook too and it always seems a decent enough area.

Anyone have any first hand experience with living in South Shields. Been looking at a three bed house there but know next to nothing about the area in terms of crime etc checked the police reports for the street only a few things. But i seem to remember reading a thread on here about Pikey's, kick offs and just scratter behavior in a certain area. Looking at the Harton area.
Love shields me, fairly quiet especially around harton, close to the sea front, plenty of parks. Don’t know if any pikey issues in shields and I’ve been here all my 42 years.
Harton is the posh name for The Nook
Don’t be silly.

Last edited:
One is in East Avenue the other Pine Avenue
Pine avenue used to be rough as owt, they flattened most of the street and rebuilt them.
East, north, south, west and central avenue are all nice, they are harton, streets are tight for cars like and parking at a premium but I would live around there no bother. Harton school is a good school too.

Pine avenue used to be rough as owt, they flattened most of the street and rebuilt them.
East, north, south, west and central avenue are all nice, they are harton, streets are tight for cars like and parking at a premium but I would live around there no bother. Harton school is a good school too.
Apparently one of the best comps in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back