South Africa v England 3rd Test - Port Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Africa have beat them home & away the last 2 series they have played. Aussies had to resort to using sandpaper last time

That’s totally irrelevant to the current two sides, you not seriously suggesting the current South Africa are better than the Aussies are you?
What was the result last winter in South Africa v Australia? Just wondering that’s all

saffers won I think, more than likely wrong

That answers my question.

What happened two years ago is totally irrevlant to now!

The current South Africa side is woeful!

Last edited:

That’s totally irrelevant to the current two sides, you not seriously suggesting the current South Africa are better than the Aussies are you?

I agree with that but they did beat Australia home and away. That did happen.

Not better but they've still got a pretty good bowling attack. It's their batting which is weak

But two result pitches, so the bowlers must be doing something.

The last one was right at the end but was very flat, this one still going?

Over the moon England on top and said they would turn it around after the first test when others were talking about the tour been a disaster and all doom and gloom, but imo the overriding reason for that is South Africa a very poor test side at the moment

The last one was right at the end but was very flat, this one still going?

Over the moon England on top and said they would turn it around after the first test when others were talking about the tour been a disaster and all doom and gloom, but imo the overriding reason for that is South Africa a very poor test side at the moment
I’m very happy with how things are going personally. We seem to have the knack of winning in South Africa. I’m more worried about Sri Lanka and our potential lack of spinners, which whitewashed them last time there

South Africa have big problems and now rabada is barred from the next test, I can only see an England series win. All depends on the weather in this test.

I’m very happy with how things are going personally. We seem to have the knack of winning in South Africa. I’m more worried about Sri Lanka and our potential lack of spinners, which whitewashed them last time there

South Africa have big problems and now rabada is barred from the next test, I can only see an England series win. All depends on the weather in this test.

I hope you right mate!

He's pacier, bouncier, threatens the stumps more and has more chance finding reverse swing with an old ball - especially the Kookaburra.

Sure, if they play all their lives on green-tops in England, with the swinging Dukes ball, then Curran might get more wickets. But it is very difficult to see how the lad takes wickets abroad consistently.

There are bowlers as slow as him, but they are either really tall (McGrath) or bowl a heavy ball (Philander). And like, honestly, I don't know why I even bother mentioning those two because they probably have more control than any other bowler of my lifetime with the possible exception of Ambrose. Curran is never going to get control like that seems a fairly safe assumption.

For me that puts him on a level with someone like a Chris Woakes. His average will be decent too, but his success is heavily skewed towards England. And, for my money, he's a better bowler than Curran too.

Oh aye, I know. But Curran has played slightly more tests iirc, so in terms of test experience they are comparable.
Curran has bowled canny this winter, just had an off day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back