Sorry we missed you

Kes was voted best film of the 20th century, he made some good movies from the top of my head Riff Raff, Cathy Come Home, Land and Freedom, Carla Song, My name is Joe and of course Kes. In my opinion there are more morons working in joke centres
No doubt there will be tits but I found it quite ridiculous that he made out that people that work in jobcentres are all horrible. It isn’t the case. It’s still just people going out to make a living. You can look at it from both sides. I’ve seen them take some terrible and unwarranted abuse. It’s a thankless task.

Wasn’t keen on that Daniel Blake carry on - another attempt to stick the boot in to the Civil Service, who on the whole, do the best for people with the resources we have.

Doubt the countless good news stories will make it into a film, though.

Wasn’t keen on that Daniel Blake carry on - another attempt to stick the boot in to the Civil Service, who on the whole, do the best for people with the resources we have.

Considering politicians have blood on there hands its a film that has an important storyline.

The new Ken Loach fillum.

Looking forward to it, me pal is in it (as he was in I Daniel) eeeee look at me....
He went to the premiere last night and said it blew him away and was very emotional to watch.
Gets released this weekend iirc

It must be just me but i find the north east accent doesn't fit right in films. Just doesn't seem cool enough.

Exactly. There’s a lot of people who care and most are doing the job for the good of the people who are most in need of the help. I’m not working with them lot anymore but when I was all of the DWP I worked with just wanted everyone to get what’s fair and entitled to them. There’s a lot of scammers and you have to find a balance but go into every case with an open mind. I wasn’t involved in that side of things but I have nowt but praise for them who do because I know they’re good people who care.

No doubt there will be tits but I found it quite ridiculous that he made out that people that work in jobcentres are all horrible. It isn’t the case. It’s still just people going out to make a living. You can look at it from both sides. I’ve seen them take some terrible and unwarranted abuse. It’s a thankless task.
Fair does agree,people who work in jobcentre are poorly paid and like all public sector workers that deal with the public face abuse daily

Fair does agree,people who work in jobcentre are poorly paid and like all public sector workers that deal with the public face abuse daily
Not sure what they’re paid but any of them I’ve ever worked with have been enthusiastic and happy to take on board what they’re shown. Like I’ve said with any office you’re going to have older heads that are bitter but the way I’ve seen the places managed I can’t imagine it being tolerated. I’ve seen people coming in who are career benefits claimers and just treat the staff like they’re working for them. Abuse and threatening behaviour is common place and it’s tolerated. I feel sorry for the staff to a degree because it’s a shame they have to put up with it but also they know what they’re letting themselves into these days.

The new Ken Loach fillum.

Looking forward to it, me pal is in it (as he was in I Daniel) eeeee look at me....
He went to the premiere last night and said it blew him away and was very emotional to watch.
Gets released this weekend iirc

Can’t wait. Love a bit of Ken Loach me. Who’s your mate in I Daniel Blake?

Ya see a film like Scum. Not all of that happened in the one borstal. It was an amalgamation of things that happen over a period of time in a number of places.

Similar to I, Daniel Blake. Not all of the nasty things happen to everyone, but they do happen. The telling of the story is to highlight the issues not to say this happens to every jobseeker.

Moving someone into social housing 270 miles from home? Going on the game to make ends meet? Opening a tins of beans and gulping them down at the food bank itself? Just one person in the Jobcentre wanting to help the claimant and getting bollocked for it while all the rest are surly and unpleasant?

I'm absolutely certain that is not a true depiction of your average unemployed person or everyday worker in a Jobcentre. It made me angry, I Daniel Blake, because an opportunity to show life as it really is for a claimant was exaggerated beyond belief.

TV channels have shown utter drivel demonising claimants for years. It needed a film to show how it really is, how so many households struggle and go without while the media heap abuse on them. I, Daniel Blake, unfortunately, took it to the other extreme, suggesting that any claimant is left to starve or die.

Back