Sorry we missed you

You should have. I rarely get involved in politics on this board but Loach is a total moron. He got Blake wrong on so many levels. I was working on government contracts on UC at the time of the film and it was a joke.

Opinions will differ and you could bend opinions to suit the narrative of your article but in my experience if you have a level of intelligence benefits are easy to navigate. If you are not very bright you’re going to need help with it. I’d suggest the people I worked along side in the newcastle city centre groat market JC were bright and helpful and willing to see the claimants side. The film made them out to be snide as fuck which is just total bollocks
One of the countries greatest ever film directors is a 'total moron'?
Apart from Kes he’s made a load of shit

Last edited:
I couldn’t manage to watch I, Daniel to the end. It was wall to wall cliches and sledgehammers to crack walnuts. The depiction of the main character was a Guardian reader’s version of Rambo, and about as subtle.

Opinions will differ and you could bend opinions to suit the narrative of your article but in my experience if you have a level of intelligence benefits are easy to navigate. If you are not very bright you’re going to need help with it. I’d suggest the people I worked along side in the newcastle city centre groat market JC were bright and helpful and willing to see the claimants side. The film made them out to be snide as fuck which is just total bollocks

Apart from Kes he’s made a load of shit
Name 3 of his other films, without googling.

The new Ken Loach fillum.

Looking forward to it, me pal is in it (as he was in I Daniel) eeeee look at me....
He went to the premiere last night and said it blew him away and was very emotional to watch.
Gets released this weekend iirc

I will watch this. I Daniel Blake was a brilliant/awful watch.

Back