Songs you don't hear any more at football

Status
Not open for further replies.

"In Sunlun's fair city ,where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone.
As she wheels her wheelbarrow, through streets broad and narrow singing..Sunlun.Sunlun"
Couldn't beat that song with the Fulwell in full voice. Can you also remember when we played shef wed, "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Shit"?

When I was a lad I remember Main Stand Roker wing seats singing / humming this classical music type tune over and over again. I know this sounds very sophisticated, but it was usually in a moment of excitement and I used to love it. I heard it and joined in even at the last couple of years of RP but not heard it at SOL, it didn't seem to move with us.

I've also heard it at Holland and maybe Danish matches at World Cups / Euro's.

I haven't a clue what it's called and I'm desperately searching you tube for it now!

When I was a lad I remember Main Stand Roker wing seats singing / humming this classical music type tune over and over again. I know this sounds very sophisticated, but it was usually in a moment of excitement and I used to love it. I heard it and joined in even at the last couple of years of RP but not heard it at SOL, it didn't seem to move with us.

I haven't a clue what it's called and I'm desperately searching you tube for it now!
I think as sophisticated as we got was humming dambusters at spurs (Klismann), Hovis at Barnsley and La Marseillaise at Lionel Perez.

I think as sophisticated as we got was humming dambusters at spurs (Klismann), Hovis at Barnsley and La Marseillaise at Lionel Perez.

Hovis at Barnsley ffs :lol::lol:

I've found it - but still none the wiser to what it is - it's on from 9 secs to 27 secs. It makes me wonder if this was around the time there was someone with a bugle.

Who's the bastard in the black

When I was young, I had no sense
I bought a flute for only 50 pence
The only tune that I could play
Was fuck Shearer and the Toon Army
Na Na Na Na Na

I know which one you mean I mentioned it on a similer thread to this once, it was fanfare of the Romans or summat like that I was informed we used to sing it after a goal and also at lionel perez when he 1st go into the team

Best I have ever heard at an away ground:

1975 last game of season away to Aston Villa. A win would have had us promoted but we lost 2-0 (Rod Belfitt up front explains the result!).

Over 57000 there and the Holte End were singing Ghost Riders in the Sky. Yippie yi ayes just rolling down the terraces.

A memorable day because we had an enormous following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back