Songs you don't hear any more at football

I'll start with a few from the 1970's and 80's.

"You're gonna get your f***ing head kicked in" - usually sung in the Fulwell End when the other team scored

"Over there, over there. Over there, over there. And do they smell, (series of fast clapping), like f*****g hell." Sung at home and away games directed at the opposing fans.

"You'll never walk alone" was sung at most Sunderland games until it faded out and became a Liverpool and Celtic song. Feyenoord sing it too (in English).

"If it wasn't for the coppers you'd be dead "- usually sang at away games when there was a skirmish with the home fans.

"Geordie Aggro, hello". This was before the word Geordie became the exclusive right of the independent Geordie nation.

"Shoot", interspersed with rapid hand clapping every time we had a free kick in sight of goal.

"We'll see you all outside " - to the tune of "Those were the days my friend" - usually sang to away fans at Roker Park.

"You're gonna get what Man United got"- sung to opposing fans in reference to the good hiding that was dished out to Man U when they had a big hooligan element.

"Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers". Sung at police invariably after the police had arrested some fans.

Lots of racist songs.

Anyone think of any others?

Last edited:

I'll start with a few from the 1970's and 80's.

"You're gonna get your f***ing head kicked in" - usually sung in the Fulwell End when the other team scored

"Over there, over there. Over there, over there. And do they smell, (series of fast clapping), like f*****g hell." Sung at home and away games directed at the opposing fans.

"You'll never walk alone" was sung at most Sunderland games until it faded out and became a Liverpool and Celtic song. Feyenoord sing it too (in English).

"If it wasn't for the coppers you'd be dead "- usually sang at away games when there was a skirmish with the home fans.

"Geordie Aggro, hello". This was before the word Geordie became the exclusive right of the independent Geordie nation.

"Shoot", interspersed with rapid hand clapping every time we had a free kick in sight of goal.

"We'll see you all outside " - to the tune of "Those were the days my friend" - usually sang to away fans at Roker Park.

"You're gonna get what Man United got"- sung to opposing fans in reference to the good hiding that was dished out to Man U when they had a big hooligan element.

"Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers". Sung at police invariably after the police had arrested some fans.

Lots of racist songs.

Anyone think of any others?
“All we are saying, is give us a goal “

Back