Songs that remind you of some special, stirring your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are phychic @tunstall birdman . Just yesterday I tracked this piece down. When I was 2 years old, it was one of the first tunes, if not the first I remember. It must've been played on Housewives choice constantly in 1953. I always knew the tune but have only just tracked it's titile down, and after 67 years here it is!

Last edited:
I love that tune to bits, it is so special!!
You are phychic @tunstall birdman . Just yesterday I tracked this piece down. When I was 2 years old, it was one of the first tunes, if not the first I remember. It must've been played on Housewives choice constantly in 1953. I always knew the tune but have only just tracked it's titile down, and after 67 years here it is!
Glad you found it, that is a long time mate!! :)

That's my lullaby song. I used to wander up and down our landing singing it to get my babies back to sleep 😁

My dad had "The Best of the Seekers" LP and that really takes me back to being a small child growing up in Lancashire.

We had little in terms of possessions but my childhood memories are happy.

A lot of the Seekers songs had some religious meaning in hindsight, though Georgy Girl which I don't think did, is a really happy song

Last edited:
My dad had "The Best of the Seekers" LP and that really takes me back to being a small child growing up in Lancashire.

We had little in terms of possessions but my childhood memories are happy.

A lot of the Seekers songs had some religious meaning in hindsight, though Georgy Girl which I don't think did, is a really happy song
I've been singing " I know I'll never find another you " all day for some reason ???

Growing up my uncle was one of my heroes. He always had music playing and taught me how to play the guitar (although pretty badly). Played this at his funeral.

Millions of years ago, when I was all luvved up with a young lady. this was "our song" As my Dad used to say WHAT MUSH!. (I still have the 45:) )

Its lyrics are very romantic and includes lines such as "I'll do funny things if you want me to":oops:

I love that tune to bits, it is so special!!
:)
You were watching US, weren't you (the TV drama I mean, not me and my missus via spycam :oops::) )
/
(Edit - mebbes not as it wasn't you who posted the song, but they played it towards the end of that episode).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back