Songs that remind you of some special, stirring your heart.

I was 20 and seeing a lass from Jarra that looked like Sam Fox. Anyway, we were getting some on her bed when we heard a noise and it was the window cleaner climbing up his ladder. We were scrambling to get under the covers and I'll never forget that Take On Me was playing on video in the background.
Every time I hear it, I remember that and it's the video my sound tech plays every night directly before my 80's show. I've never even told him but it makes me chuckle and gets me in the mood every time. :lol:

When I was 17 started seeing lass (no) who was 23 and separated from the hardest, radgiest man in the world. Blokes that I grew up thinking were hard as feck were shit scared of him. Resisted for a while cos mates who knew him warned me off and even my older sister (definitely no) came round to me ma's to warn me. This was 'our song'. Luckily, for him me, never met the bloke.

The Kooks - She moves in her own way. Around this time in 2006, had whirlwind romance/affair with girl from work , start of 2 years of at times sheer bliss and at times sheer misery

Very same song for my Dad's funeral.
Mine too. He used to sing it all the time, but deliberately forgot the words, and with other songs he would make up his own...
"Unforgettable, tra-la-la-laaa."
"You made me egg foo yung."
"Do not forsake me Flossie Mawson."(She was the local bike when he was a lad;).)
I miss the old bugger too, even though it's been decades.

Back