Song for your funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

And possibly a bit of:

My dad had wise men say, lovely Rose of clare( where my mam was from) and the old man chosen by us interspersed with excerpts from the 73 cup final.

Going into the Crematorium “Sleepwalk “ Brian Setzer version and when people are leaving ( if there’s anyone there ) New York New York ( i’m leaving today )

I once had to study the works of the eels lead singers dad, all very odd Hugh if memory serves
I read the sons autobiog. Can’t remember what the dad did tbh but I remember it was some very advanced stuff....nuclear physics or chemistry or maths based subject perhaps with his own theories?
His dad, mam and sister all died in pretty quick succession. Awful reading.

I read the sons autobiog. Can’t remember what the dad did tbh but I remember it was some very advanced stuff....nuclear physics or chemistry or maths based subject perhaps with his own theories?
His dad, mam and sister all died in pretty quick succession. Awful reading.

He was one of the first theoretical physicists to discuss multiverses and the like. A bit above my level to be honest

One by U2
Puff the magic dragon (had this played at my sons funeral)
Bad by U2
God knows how you chose anything for your sons funeral but Puff the magic Dragon is inspired, a beautiful song about loss if you listen to it properly.

I’m amazed some people don’t get it.

Throw me on the landfill for all I care, I’ll be dead. Rather the cost of a funeral was given to any grandkids I have or whatever. Or just not have to be considered at all if it’s not coming out of any money I leave behind.

I'd always wanted to be buried in a fuck off great stone mausoleum with my family.

Or get my head frozen until medical science can bring me back.

My Dad refused to talk about what music he wanted so my Mam was forced to pick it all.

One of them she chose was ' On Days Like These' by Matt Monro (from the original Italian job film). When I read the lyrics, what I had originally thought was an unbelievably cool, sixties-chic tune from a great film was transformed into an aching sense of loss mixed with wonderful memories.

Songs from that era are so much better for that kind of thing.
God knows how you chose anything for your sons funeral but Puff the magic Dragon is inspired, a beautiful song about loss if you listen to it properly.
The third verse has got me in bits.

when the coffin slides away Thunderbirds as if I was Virgil slipping into TB2 and then the take off sequence for TB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back