Song for your funeral

Just as the coffin starts to slide towards the curtain

My aunt died last year. She was in her late seventies, had been ill for some time, but it was still a sad, sad funeral. She had never married, had looked after my gran and granda when they got old (both ended up with alzheimers) and she me and my cousins rotten all through our childhoods - we were like her kids, and at Xmas hers was the present we all looked forward to.

She'd left instructions for her funeral - plenty of solemn abide with me type music. And then at the very end, before everyone went out - on came Terry Wogan and the f***ing Floral Dance. Everyone cracked up, and that had been her intention. Everyone walked out smiling as they remembered her.

Last edited:
Cheapest coffin going

You only end up rotting and melting inside it

What a lovely thread btw

I’m amazed some people don’t get it.

Throw me on the landfill for all I care, I’ll be dead. Rather the cost of a funeral was given to any grandkids I have or whatever. Or just not have to be considered at all if it’s not coming out of any money I leave behind.

Just as the coffin starts to slide towards the curtain

My aunt died last year. She was in her late seventies, had been ill for some time, but it was still a sad, sad funeral. She had never married, had looked after my gran and granda when they got old (both ended up with alzheimers) and she me and my cousins rotten all through our childhoods - we were like her kids, and at Xmas hers was the present we all looked forward to.

She'd left instructions for her funeral - plenty of solemn abide with me type music. And then at the very end, before everyone went out - on came Terry Wogan and the f***ing Floral Dance. Everyone cracked up, and that had been her intention. Everyone walked out smiling as they remembered her.
Your auntie must have been a great woman - caring for others instead of herself.

My uncle’s send off track was ‘return to sender’. :lol:

Back