Someone will take him on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Johnson released next year and he's apparently looking to get back playing...Should the British football league's take a stance and not allow him back playing or has he done his time and be offered another chance..
I'll be honest I'm undecided..

He's served his sentence - a pretty long one at that.

Someone will sign him

If he’s served his time he should be allowed to play again. Just not for us. Fuck him.

his sentence/time includes life on the register...

he either needs a club in the UK that will sign him whilst still on the register, or he'll have to ask for permission to go abroad and a country that will give him a visa as well as a club that will sign him.

i reckon if he really wants to play it will be overseas even with the challenges in the way as they can be overcome. i can't see a UK club signing him, especially after the backlash clubs faced when trying to sign ched evans (pre acquittal)

Adam Johnson released next year and he's apparently looking to get back playing...Should the British football league's take a stance and not allow him back playing or has he done his time and be offered another chance..
I'll be honest I'm undecided..
Nobody in British football will employ him. He'll end up playing abroad though imo

Imagine the headlines in The Sun... "Sex Offender signs for..." in the article they'll have statements from the victim's family saying how disgraceful it is, how the girl's life is ruined etc etc.

He'll NEVER play in this country again. The media won't allow it.

He’ll have to sign the sex offenders register for quite some time so he won’t be able to move abroad. I’d imagine for at least 10 years. His career is finished

He’ll have to sign the sex offenders register for quite some time so he won’t be able to move abroad. I’d imagine for at least 10 years. His career is finished

he can move abroad as long as he notifies the UK authorities and can obtain a visa for whichever country a club who offers him a contract is playing in. I reckon it's more likely than a UK club offering him a contract, could be wrong though as morals aren't always the top of the agenda for football clubs.

Could get a job playing in any number of countries where what he did isn't classed as illegal.

Large parts of mainland Europe, Italy, Germany, Portugal all have good league's and ability to still pay good wages.

He is rightly finished in this country.

Even in the highly unlikely event a club was interested, he would be a nightmare from a safeguarding point of view.

Didn't realise that - we've moved 180 degrees from the days of giving criminals free passage if they'd leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back