Solider F

It was 9 out of 10 by Cromwell hundreds of years ago.... the population TODAY is still less than half what it was.

I never implied that I said I was in London as my father was ill you muppet

I said my childhood was entirely in Ireland until school you utter bellend then I said all my holidays were there.

I'm Irish, if you don't like that that's fine.
No you didn't.

I could choose to take British citizenship. One of my brothers has.

It isn't an issue, although we do often comment on what a weirdo he is.

I have never chosen to and I have always had Irish citizenship.

I don't really think you are as Irish as me like :lol:

I don't really see how this is such an issue for you
Don't think the register was necessary.

Just needed to see my parents' birth and marriage cert and my birth cert and that was it. Passport handed over.
For the ppi number there was paperwork but more to do with banking regs iirc.
Where did I claim that bit?

So? We have done some horrendous shit in the past, we are in good company.

We can't do anything about the behaviours of past governments, we can honour the GFA, given this guy is going to get his day in court we appear to be doing just that.
It ain’t covered by the GFA.
This will not get to court imo soldier f will die of old age before he’s sentenced. There’s loads to do yet.
There’s and ongoing case of a 70 odd year old that’s been going for five year and they still have not decided if it’s a judge or a judge and jury hearing.
The only evidence they have is that ‘f’ lied on his initial statements as ballistics proved otherwise but as most of the statements where made while under no formal caution they can’t be used in law. Everyone that day as been scrutinised and only the one deemed a ‘possibility’ of being found guilty.

There wasn't a famine.

Irish people were forced off their lands and made to pay ridiculous rents and were left to survive on potatoes which had a blight.

Food was leaving the country by wagon loads.
Yes I know, I've studied Irish and European history.:rolleyes:

The name giving to it is called The Great Famine.:rolleyes:

I have only ever held an Irish passport.
As the youngest I was born here.
My eldest brothers and sisters were born in Ireland.
I spent most of my childhood in Ireland and then all my holidays.
Apart from my siblings all my family are there.
My father was only just born into an Independent Ireland.
My grandparents weren't.
My family are from Tipperary and Mayo.
They did relatively well under the British as they raised hunters and long horns.
Doing relatively well under the British was still f***ing hard.
I have no problem with the British now except when they spout utter nonsense about Ireland.
I admire the way the British army has learned from their mistakes and I see the changes they have made and I'm glad for it.
I have made my life here and one of the freedoms I enjoy now that my parents and grandparents didn't is the ability to speak openly about what happened without fear.
@Market Where?
I had already said I went to school here
In this post I say I spent my childhood there AND THEN MY HOLIDAYS

I don't know why you have such a petty hardon for this

There wasn't a famine

There was a potato blight

Lee clegg (para) was wrongfully jailed for murder and attempted murder for firing shots into a car speeding through a British road block and killing a poor lass and injuring a young lad. Terrible tragedy.
On appeal he got found not guilty.
They rioted.
He was still found guilty of attempted murder.
On appeal found not guilty again.

The whole defence was that under extreme circumstances and the pressure of the job he was doing he never unlawfully killed or attempted to kill. This I believe will be used in soldier f’s defence.
If it ever gets to court that is.

You like to give things silly names, granted. Unless you studied at some tin pot muggy gaffe you are then fully aware that there was no famine

Well take it up with the historians who called it The Great Famine.
Did you just learn titles at your institution?

You know there was no famine and that is what the British called it.
I think it was called An gorta mór in Ireland

Last edited:
It ain’t covered by the GFA.

I thought the Saville Inquiry was agreed as part of the peace process. Is this incorrect?
This will not get to court imo soldier f will die of old age before he’s sentenced. There’s loads to do yet.
There’s and ongoing case of a 70 odd year old that’s been going for five year and they still have not decided if it’s a judge or a judge and jury hearing.
The only evidence they have is that ‘f’ lied on his initial statements as ballistics proved otherwise but as most of the statements where made while under no formal caution they can’t be used in law. Everyone that day as been scrutinised and only the one deemed a ‘possibility’ of being found guilty.
I think you could well be right here.

Even if it got to court I would be very surprised if it ended in a conviction.

@Market Where?
I had already said I went to school here
In this post I say I spent my childhood there AND THEN MY HOLIDAYS

I don't know why you have such a petty hardon for this

There wasn't a famine

There was a potato blight
Its a discussion on a message board - I'm just challenging you on your bigoted views in which you condemn the entire British people which includes yourself.

You are the one claiming not to be British when you are. It's like dual nationality is a completely alien concept to you.

So how many years have you lived in Ireland?

Last edited:
I thought the Saville Inquiry was agreed as part of the peace process. Is this incorrect?

I think you could well be right here.

Even if it got to court I would be very surprised if it ended in a conviction.
The GFA does not cover Bloody Sunday.
I’m not sure if the exact dates of the GFA but Bloody Sunday was before the start point.
The government are trying as we speak to move the date to cover it but it would mean pardoning more terrorists.

The GFA does not cover Bloody Sunday.
I’m not sure if the exact dates of the GFA but Bloody Sunday was before the start point.
The government are trying as we speak to move the date to cover it but it would mean pardoning more terrorists.
That rings a bell actually, was there something in the press a few months back?

Its a discussion on a message board - I'm just challenging you on your bigoted views in which you condemn the entire British people which includes yourself.

You are the one claiming not to be British when you are. It's like dual nationality is a completely alien concept to you.

So how many years have you lived in Ireland?

No I could choose to take up British Citizenship but I have not as I'm not British

The amount of years loved in Ireland is moot here.

I was born and educated here. That doesn't make me British unless I choose to be.

I don't.

Sorry hun x

I do understand it I just choose not to opt for it

We needed to argue for it before we made the Belfast Agreement.

I'm fine with alleged murderers standing trial 50 years later tbh. I'm amazed you aren't.

Takes balls to shoot fleeing unarmed civilians.

I'm happy for all murderers from the troubles to be treated exactly the same. Not 800 pardoned and 2 alleged murderers to be held to account 46 years later. I'm amazed you aren't.

No I could choose to take up British Citizenship but I have not as I'm not British

The amount of years loved in Ireland is moot here.

I was born and educated here. That doesn't make me British unless I choose to be.

I don't.

Sorry hun x

I do understand it I just choose not to opt for it

I thought your time in Ireland would remain undisclosed.

Citizenship is not a choice in your case. There is a difference between citizenship and holding a passport - do you mean you have never held a UK passport?

"Born in the UK or a British colony before 1 January 1983

You’re usually automatically a British citizen if you were born in the UK.

There are 2 exceptions. You will not be a British citizen if your father was either:

• a diplomat working for a foreign country
  • an ‘enemy alien in occupation’ - this only applies to you if your father was in the Channel Islands during World War 2 when you were born"
If you don't want to be British then you need to denounce your citizenship.

I'm happy for all murderers from the troubles to be treated exactly the same. Not 800 pardoned and 2 alleged murderers to be held to account 46 years later. I'm amazed you aren't.

I think it was @cornish mackem that posted the split between people being brought to trial in cold cases. It's pretty even.

Where did 800 come from btw? I thought it was less than that but I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

I thought your time in Ireland would remain undisclosed.

Citizenship is not a choice in your case. There is a difference between citizenship and holding a passport - do you mean you have never held a UK passport?

"Born in the UK or a British colony before 1 January 1983

You’re usually automatically a British citizen if you were born in the UK.

There are 2 exceptions. You will not be a British citizen if your father was either:

• a diplomat working for a foreign country
  • an ‘enemy alien in occupation’ - this only applies to you if your father was in the Channel Islands during World War 2 when you were born"
If you don't want to be British then you need to denounce your citizenship.

Well I suppose I have use of that citizenship should I ever need it which I knew

I have never had the desire to

Always been listed as Irish and an Irish Citizen

Back