Soccer Aid

Love the concept and I watch every year.

I just feel uneasy about people earning a living from working for charity and the fact so much money raised goes to pay wages rather than to help those who need it.

I know it has to happen but some earn ridiculous amounts from it.

A charity needs as much experience and capability as any other organisation if it is to be successful.

Why would you limit it because it couldn’t attract the right people.

People generally earn less and often have to go beyond the call of duty more than in a conventional organisation. But they still need to live, still need to pay for a home etc etc.
Call it a necessary evil if you must but it’s not just about running cake stalls with volunteers...many charities are serious complex organisations and need the appropriate expertise to run them successfully.

The ideal scenario is you have a large % of volunteers and people dedicating their time/expertise because they can and it’s all held together by salaried personnel who work full time.

I know Pierce Morgan is a twat, has twattish views and goes on like a twat on Twitter ...... but Haway man, he’s clearly playing the pantomime villain here. He’s putting on a good show man.

Back