So how did you feel when they scored the winning penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today’s game was a reminder of why I fell in love with this club in the first place.

I was lucky enough to share the experience with a good friend of mine’s twin brother who has now seen us lose 7 times at Wembley, and it was my first Sunderland game at the stadium.

The chance to soak up the atmosphere with one of my closest friends with friendly faces throughout London created so many memories that encapsulate what I love about Sunderland and football.

A great weekend that we should all be proud of, we were unlucky today and kept in the game to the very end.

I wanted us to win but wasnt that arsed to be honest. Maybe slightly disappointed but it’s the Sunderland way. For me though, this weekend was about the trip to London, a piss up with 1000s of us as one. The football was secondary for once. I’m just so glad I stayed over in London and didn’t just come down on the Sunday for the game.

If it’s a couple of months on, and the play-off final, I’d be gutted.

Last edited:
Can say honestly I wasnt even that arsed , would of been nice to win like but I've felt alot more pissed off at conceding late goals at scunny and oxford
For me it was a Micky mouse cup when we played first game and it remained that today

I found it unbearable while the penalties were going on. I felt relief when it was over.

Then I felt that the promotion battle is really more important.

'Empty' is a good word and the right one. I just wanted to get out as soon as possible and cut my losses - and I did.

I remembered we don’t have an airport and resigned myself knowing that I have a flight back up north in the morning to ponteland.

Reactions: Keb
We were already down the stairs when the penalty went in. It was disappointing, but the league is the bigger priority

Same. Walking out as it went in. Was I fuck staying to clap that shite!

Mad like as a lot seemed to do the same. Completely different to 2014 so think a lot of people were pissed right off

Am I the only one who feels much better about losing on penalties then going out 2-1 AET?

I mean a penalty shoot out is the luck of the draw really. Yeah we threw the game away due to poor tactical decisions, but its much less humiliating overall.

Maybe it's just because I had such a good weekend but I accepted and got over the defeat very quickly. Probably different if it's the okay offs.

I was silent throughout most of the match and didn’t feel nervous. I put that down too seeing us lose so many times there that it was one of those what will be things.

Inevitably the winning penalty went in and that was that. Walked out of the stadium with the bairn.

Don’t fancy a play off final at all. We definitely need to try and get second.

I wasn't too bothered. Shit happens. My little lad was in absolute tears though outside the ground. That cut me up pretty bad like.

Tbh i thought we would lose once it went to pens. We needed Grant and Grigg to be two of our takers imo. I was more pleased we managed to equalise after going 2-1 down as
losing in 90 mins after totally bossing the first half would been harder to take and possibly would have more of a negative effect on us concerning the run in

Last edited:
Just thought well that's the hattrick of losses I've seen at Wembley ahh well this is the life of supporting sunderland were not allowed to win things no matter the squad, manager etc think we used all our luck forever on that Leeds game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back