So how did you feel when they scored the winning penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That roar when the fifth pen flew in will haunt me until weds night. Couldn’t bring myself to applaud our players off as I had a feeling they’d let us down badly with some really poor play. I don’t mind teams getting control in the game as long as we break and use the ball when we get it. We couldn’t do owt

Not as bad as ALL the other defeats at Wembley but still gutted. WAs half turning as he was running up to kick it and did not turn back when I heard the roar. Got the fuck outta dodge!!

I genuinely thought, we really don't need this before Wednesday's game. Never in my life dreamt I would consider a midweek game at Accrington more important than a Wembley final!
Was exactly my thoughts marra. Massive game Wednesday.

Gutted to be honest. My boys first season following the lads was heartbroken which made it worse and then to see Portsmouth fans on Wembley Way not giving a flying fck about winning just about finished me off.
If TS had been brilliant on Saturday what would it have been like if we had won. Hopefully get to experience the feelings the 73 fans got all those years ago.

Gutted , but thanks to a group of lads from Durham giving me a couple of smokes of there Happy Backy walking back to my coach ,
my homeward. Journey was lovely and mellow

Haway the lads .

More upset for my 11 year old son and his first Wembley visit- tried to explain that this is all part of being a Sunderland fan- you have to get used to the anti climax and the let downs which is never made up by our successes and high lights !¬

Very familiar feeling. Having seen SAFC lose twice on penalties there - and also against Palace in the play-offs at the SOL - as well as all the failures by England in big games over the years, it just seems kind of inevitable. People say penalties are a lottery and can go either way.... doesn't feel like that to me!!

Slightly miffed. As a youngster 85 broke my heart, 92 was even worse because it just felt like our name was on the cup. 2014 not too bad, dissapointing but acceptable. Swindon in the play offs was horrible because we were shit but at least I left feeling the best team had won. Charlton probably took ten years off my life expectancy.
Really don't want to go through another play off like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back