So how did you feel when they scored the winning penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not as gutted as when Micky Gray missed and we lost 7-6 on pens in the play offs to Charlton.

Just back home (live in Peterborough)

Thoroughly enjoyed today - superb stadium, 85,000 fans, we played great 1st half - fell away in 2nd but battled really well in extra timeto force pens.

We could easily have won the shootout - McLaughlin dived over the 1st and nearly got the 2nd.

Yes the team has deficiencies - we aren't solid enough at the back (I don't think our wingers can support the full backs when teams get at us and our centre backs are ok but can be bullied) BUT we put on a good display.

Wasn’t to arsed. No matter how much i tried to hype it up/get excited it was the chekatrade cup...

Took my FIL to his first lads game and he loved it, met loads of people from back home, which is rare, so all in all a canny day regardless.

Fuming at Ross. I consider this loss completely avoidable with competent tactics instead of sitting back therefore am much more frustrated about this than the others

Honestly, it just put to bed the inevitable. We were utter chod from 45mins onwards. Don’t think we even had a shot? How we scored to make it 2-2, I don’t know.

No emotion at the time, just wanted to get out of the ground and back home. Then saw loads of Pompey fans who seemingly didn’t wait for the trophy presentation on Wembley Way with the rest of us and felt gutted. Mostly because we’d probably be all still there celebrating :lol: even if the trophy doesn’t have much meaning.

Reactions: Boo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back