So can we catch Barnsley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we can , Easter is normally deciding period , problem is we draw too often and don’t go for it enough

Some people seem to be saying Ross isn't great, the players are poor and we aren't playing well ...

... yet, at the same time, claiming we should be doing much better, winning more games and in the automatic places.

How does that work then :confused:

It doesn't.
People think we should be walking the league because we are a huge club at this level. But we are a huge club with severe financial restrictions and with a burden of expectation that the others aren't carrying.
I'm not at all sure why solid but ordinary pros like Baldwin, Flanagan, Maguire, Power, Gooch and Matthews would be part of runaway leaders.

Last edited:
german manager v scottish manager = no,add on the playing catch up in points and games = even bigger no

Get grigg on fire and we have a chance to win the league.

We are relying on goals from elsewhere other than our strikers since maja has gone.

Watmore injured
Wyke not good enough
Stirling doesn't look good enough.

We've got 30 points to play for ffs

Win the game in hand and there's 1 point in it. All that takes is for them to draw and us win and we've swapped. There's nowt in it. Up to us to get the points to make it happen.

We can but from what I’ve seen since Christmas we won’t. Ross needs a mindset change, we just aren’t creating enough chances to what we should be. Feel like the confidence has been sapped out of me week by week from dour performances since Christmas. It could change quickly with some slight adjustments though.

Where will they drop points?

Three biggest chances to me are their visits to Doncaster, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers. Their home games all look eminently winnable though I think there'll be a slip in one of them somewhere.

The thing is can we take advantage? In truth, I see nothing to suggest we can. I'd expect to win more than we don't and I'd only expect 1 defeat at the most. But we coast through large parts of games, often giving ourselves about 20 minutes to win it. Barnsley are in your face all the time, we don't do that.

The draws unfortunately look set to cost us. I cannot see us winning enough to overhaul Barnsley unless they implode and that looks unlikely.

It's been a better season than I expected but I suspect we are heading for the play-offs.

I hope I'm wrong.
They haven't lost in 18 games.

We will continue to draw. Therefore we won't

I think you will be playoffs as I’ve mentioned with us and Charlton. I actually expect Barnsley to reign Luton in a little bit by the end of the season.

Funny game football, but if Barnsley do the business at Donny on Friday, very tough to see where they’ll next drop points. They’ll be looking at the fact you have us, Donny, Posh and Coventry all still to play, and we still have the same opposition bar Doncaster to play.
*rein

Get grigg on fire and we have a chance to win the league.

We are relying on goals from elsewhere other than our strikers since maja has gone.

Watmore injured
Wyke not good enough
Stirling doesn't look good enough.

We've got 30 points to play for ffs

I think we've done well to adapt tbh.

When Maja left, iirc, we were 3 or 4 points off 2nd place and had just had three 1-1 draws.

If we can get Grigg some decent balls to his feet, or through the channels, we can get to 2nd place imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back