So can we catch Barnsley?

toosb

Striker
Where will they drop points?

Three biggest chances to me are their visits to Doncaster, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers. Their home games all look eminently winnable though I think there'll be a slip in one of them somewhere.

The thing is can we take advantage? In truth, I see nothing to suggest we can. I'd expect to win more than we don't and I'd only expect 1 defeat at the most. But we coast through large parts of games, often giving ourselves about 20 minutes to win it. Barnsley are in your face all the time, we don't do that.

The draws unfortunately look set to cost us. I cannot see us winning enough to overhaul Barnsley unless they implode and that looks unlikely.

It's been a better season than I expected but I suspect we are heading for the play-offs.

I hope I'm wrong.

A big factor could be this weekend and then the next two games they play after that while we aren't. We could be miles behind, we could still be close with three games in hand to play.
Doncaster wins we beat Walsall game on...Gerrinnnn

Our recent form is better than Barnsley, they've had 2 recent 0-0 home draws and will lose at Doncaster.

They've looked shaky since they hit 2nd and the pressure is getting to them.

Yes we can catch them, we'll beat Walsall and things will look a lot different.

We have 3 consecutive home games, in April, and they'r'e all games we can win.

Barnsley have lost twice the games we have and will lose more from now on as well ...

... we'll be fine.

Last edited:
We could but we won't and it'll be because we constantly drop points against mediocre opposition. They won't drop as many as us and they have a 4 point head-start.

I think you will be playoffs as I’ve mentioned with us and Charlton. I actually expect Barnsley to reign Luton in a little bit by the end of the season.

Funny game football, but if Barnsley do the business at Donny on Friday, very tough to see where they’ll next drop points. They’ll be looking at the fact you have us, Donny, Posh and Coventry all still to play, and we still have the same opposition bar Doncaster to play.

Our recent form is better than Barnsley, they've had 2 recent 0-0 home draws and will lose at Doncaster.

They've looked shaky since they hit 2nd and the pressure is getting to them.

Yes we can catch them, we'll beat Walsall and things will look a lot different.

We have 3 consecutive home games, in April, and they'r'e all games we can win.

Barnsley have lost twice the games we have and will lose more from now on.

Hate to admit it but it isn't, last six is the same, last eight they have 4 more points than we do

Where will they drop points?

Three biggest chances to me are their visits to Doncaster, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers. Their home games all look eminently winnable though I think there'll be a slip in one of them somewhere.

The thing is can we take advantage? In truth, I see nothing to suggest we can. I'd expect to win more than we don't and I'd only expect 1 defeat at the most. But we coast through large parts of games, often giving ourselves about 20 minutes to win it. Barnsley are in your face all the time, we don't do that.

The draws unfortunately look set to cost us. I cannot see us winning enough to overhaul Barnsley unless they implode and that looks unlikely.

It's been a better season than I expected but I suspect we are heading for the play-offs.

I hope I'm wrong.
Its a no.

Back