So a bloke with his wife and daughter walk into a bar in Amble...

I seen that last week, I wonder if they'd do the same if it was a few lads instead of a family?. On the whole they are usually fine up there but you do get the odd hillbilly, you know the local shop for local people type

I seen that last week, I wonder if they'd do the same if it was a few lads instead of a family?. On the whole they are usually fine up there but you do get the odd hillbilly, you know the local shop for local people type

I have never had a positive experience from anyone from that part of Northumberland.

I don't think it's a case of backing anyone up. They gave a man a kicking and also his wife got a little bit for trying to protect him.
It also seems those blokes were full of drink and I suspect so what the bloke who got a kicking.
What really sparked it all off is up for debate and nobody but them may know.

I'd hazard a guess it came down to one man standing his ground against a bit of a teet for tat to start with until a bit of a gang mentality ensued.

Who's to blame?
Clearly the 4 men for setting about the one bloke, regardless of his postcode or footballing/sporting allegiance.

I think the punishment was fair in this instance if the write-up is close to accurate.

It may seem soft but to me, it's a massive lesson learned for those, and also they not only have to stay out of trouble in any form for 2 years but any violence in or after that time will not be taken lightly, so they also have that hanging over them.

Top that off with unpaid work and compensation and I'd say fair enough and that's a genuine unbiased opinion.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a case of backing anyone up. They gave a man a kicking and also his wife got a little bit for trying to protect him.
It also seems those blokes were full of drink and I suspect so what the bloke who got a kicking.

I'd hazard a guess it came down to one man standing his ground against a bit of a teet for tat to start with until a bit of a gang mentality ensued.

Who's to blame?
Clearly the 4 men for setting about the one bloke, regardless of his postcode or footballing/sporting allegiance.

I think the punishment was fair in this instance if the write-up is close to accurate.

It may seem soft but to me, it's a massive lesson learned for those, and also they not only have to stay out of trouble in any form for 2 years but any violence in or after that time will not be taken lightly, so they also have that hanging over them.

Top that off with unpaid work and compensation and I'd say fair enough and that's a genuine unbiased opinion.
Genuinely unbiased 😂😂😂😂

Melt

Me and two of my mates ended-up in the Ship and Royal in Shields the day after we played QPR away under McCarthy, had flown back and got the wrong Metro. They'd been playing at home on that Sunday and it was chocka with them.
They rumbled we were Sunderland fans and loads of them surrounded us in a big circle and advised us to sup up and leave.
We told them we had just bought a pint and would leave when we were finished - didn't rush and had the circle round us throughout with a few insults. Drank our pints, nowt happened and we left.

Mind, at one point, this old fella came up to one of my mates and informed him his son was 6ft 4 and 20 clem. My mate replied "go and get him then" and he only came back with the big fucker a couple of minutes later (cheers mate).

Last edited:

Who's to blame?

Givower.

Who's to blame?

You’re off your dial you like.

Who's to blame?

Disagree.
Four to one, mob mentality, example should have been set.
One on one, farynuff, but 4 to 1 is cowardly, kicking a man down is pathetic.
Story in the OP is awful like, I’m a Sunderland fan but have had comments when out at the match about being a Geordie bastard etc, had a few comments on trains when down to away matches as well. Obviously they never backed it up as I’m hard as ferk
Have a like Geordie bassa( only kidding mate)

Last edited:

Who's to blame?

What a surprise scum condoning scum inbred behaviour.

You mags really are thick as fuck and from a different planet.

Who's to blame?

Drink or no drink, surely you can see this is a horrendous thing to do?
I was down Blackpool for our cup game there this season with my Daughter and after we were in this takeaway when this really pissed north east woman started talking to us.
She informed me we were a disgrace when she found out I was Sunderland fan because her husband walked into the Manchester bar in his Newcastle shirt and was met with abuse in front of his Daughter and her.
Now, said bar had a load of SAFC flags outside and was chock full of our fans all day. I apologised on behalf of our fans for doing it in front of his daughter whilst asking what he had hoped to achieve taking his family in there dressed like that. I then received a mouthful from her in front of my little girl, at which point all sympathy went out of the window and I walked away.

In short, its wrong in front of anyone's family but it doesn't sound like this lad has gone in lording it about being a Sunderland fan from that article at all.

Last edited:

Back