So a bloke with his wife and daughter walk into a bar in Amble...

It’s a pub I’ve been in many a time on a weekend, usually after a walk to the market with owa lass (no) and my daughter. Scruffy pub with old, nice enough owners.

Absolute mag maggots to do something like that purely because of who you support. Scum, literally.

Been to Alnwick and Alnmouth a few times on camping trips and I was surprised how many SAFC shirts I seen up there. Was about ten year ago though I was last there.
I know of 5 in Alnmouth, probably more there.
Me mates originally from Seaham, she married a Geordie lad who ended up running the 9 hole golf course right on the sea front, and everyone who knows her knoews she is red n white.

Me and two of my mates ended-up in the Ship and Royal in Shields the day after we played QPR away under McCarthy, had flown back and got the wrong Metro. They'd been playing at home on that Sunday and it was chocka with them.
They rumbled we were Sunderland fans and loads of them surrounded us in a big circle and advised us to sup up and leave.
We told them we had just bought a pint and would leave when we were finished - didn't rush and had the circle round us throughout with a few insults. Drank our pints, nowt happened and we left.

Mind, at one point, this old fella came up to one of my mates and informed him his son was 6ft 4 and 20 clem. My mate replied "go and get him then" and he only came back with the big fucker a couple of minutes later (cheers mate).
f***ing Shields!? Wow.

Used to watch our matches in Atlantic when we were away and couldn’t get tickets. Never had a peep but I was born there!

Only comment I had was in Newcastle while they were playing the smogs in the Championship. In a bar in the gate with me mates who were mags. Ameobi scored and the place went up. I didn’t celebrate and went for a piss a minute or 2 later. Group of them came in and asked why a didn’t celebrate. Told them a supported Sunderland. Fuck all happened.

I don't think it's a case of backing anyone up. They gave a man a kicking and also his wife got a little bit for trying to protect him.
It also seems those blokes were full of drink and I suspect so what the bloke who got a kicking.
What really sparked it all off is up for debate and nobody but them may know.

I'd hazard a guess it came down to one man standing his ground against a bit of a teet for tat to start with until a bit of a gang mentality ensued.

Who's to blame?
Clearly the 4 men for setting about the one bloke, regardless of his postcode or footballing/sporting allegiance.

I think the punishment was fair in this instance if the write-up is close to accurate.

It may seem soft but to me, it's a massive lesson learned for those, and also they not only have to stay out of trouble in any form for 2 years but any violence in or after that time will not be taken lightly, so they also have that hanging over them.

Top that off with unpaid work and compensation and I'd say fair enough and that's a genuine unbiased opinion.
I suppose if you can go into bat for the Saudis then it’s easy enough to defend this

f***ing Shields!? Wow.

Used to watch our matches in Atlantic when we were away and couldn’t get tickets. Never had a peep but I was born there!

Only comment I had was in Newcastle while they were playing the smogs in the Championship. In a bar in the gate with me mates who were mags. Ameobi scored and the place went up. I didn’t celebrate and went for a piss a minute or 2 later. Group of them came in and asked why a didn’t celebrate. Told them a supported Sunderland. Fuck all happened.

I’m from Shields, got jumped in the toilets of what was the Stanhope years ago once my allegiances were known.

Going back a few years now, but you’d always know which pubs were Sunlun or Newcastle and those in between.

During the time of the away supporter ban, it properly kicked off in one of the town centre pubs when they had the derby on the radio 😃

f***ing Shields!? Wow.

It ws mate aye, probably the only time I've really had it. We walked in, not realising it would be full of them, no colours on or anything, just fsncied a pint befote getting a taxi back. Can't remember how they clocked us (had been drinking since 6am on the Saturday before our flight), whether it was the old fella my mate was talking to?
To be fair to them, they could have been a lot worse and were actually alright in the main, despite the forming a circle and the odd comment.
I was fully expecting to be followed and belted from behind as we walked out but they left us alone. Fair play, I suppose.

It ws mate aye, probably the only time I've really had it. We walked in, not realising it would be full of them, no colours on or anything, just fsncied a pint befote getting a taxi back. Can't remember how they clocked us (had been drinking since 6am on the Saturday before our flight), whether it was the old fella my mate was talking to?
To be fair to them, they could have been a lot worse and were actually alright in the main, despite the forming a circle and the odd comment.
I was fully expecting to be followed and belted from behind as we walked out but they left us alone. Fair play, I suppose.
I got glassed from
Behind in concord like, even though I lived there for years one also tried to bite my lug off 😂 ended up chasing him round the pub with a pool queue.

Vermin man when they have numbers. Only when though.

Back