Snooker World Championship

Discussion in 'SMB' started by jacko100, Apr 8, 2019.

1. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

Draw being done this morning, can't wait for this to start, one of my favourite sporting events of the year.

Ronnie to win his 6th title, to cement his position as GOAT.

Can see Robertson getting to the final in the other half, definitely the form player of the moment along with Ronnie. Trump will go far too.

2. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

I think Virgo should be entered in it. The way he talks about how shots should be played, it reminds me of when he won his tenth wor......nevermind.

Hongkongphooey and jacko100 like this.
  3. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

He got to the semis once.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  4. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

There are tablets for that now.

PTR, Rotten Johnny and Arkle like this.
  5. FootballFan

FootballFan Striker

A bold claim.

6. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

Where's the cue ball going?

7. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

not really, the stats back it up.

8. FootballFan

FootballFan Striker

Stats :lol:

9. Already had a bet on Trump

No visit to Sheffield for me this year, adopting a 3yo has put pay to all that for now:lol:

Scotty 1978 likes this.
  10. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

yeah I mean what sort of crazy person uses stats to quantify or judge something

Urban Silverback likes this.
  11. Slow joe

Slow joe Midfield

Will be there 2 weeks today for the mon morn and Tues morn session. My 6th year in a row, front row on Tues morn so interested to see the angles down there cause I always prefer middle to back.

12. sonofagun

sonofagun Winger

Just seen the Qualifiers draw. Can't pick even pick one cast iron guarantee to qualify tbh, not even Ryan Day, so Judgement Day will be very exciting. Outside the elite of the game there's not much between most of the Top 64.

13. FootballFan

FootballFan Striker

no Jimmy White or Crafty Ken :(

End of an era

PTR likes this.
  14. sonofagun

sonofagun Winger

Jimmy will surely be off the tour next week, him losing to Ali Carter in R2 by 5 or more frames is more nailed on than Christ. I do think that he has such a passion for the game he'll be back in Q School the following month trying to win his place back. However, Ken has a small chance of qualifying and he'll be on tour next season to give it another crack anyway.

15. Almost Genius

Almost Genius Striker

Just had a look, we have Robertson on Sunday night
    The two selby ones on Monday, then Ronnie on Tuesday morning provided he doesn’t hammer whoever he gets

redandwhiterob likes this.
  16. Hopefully Ronnie focuses on the snooker and not being a contrary negative twat.

17. Scotty 1978

Scotty 1978 Striker

One of my favourite sporting events of the year, Robertson has been playing well lately like, can’t see past Ronnie if he wants it

18. I think he possibly wants it to much. He seems to thrive more over the shorter distances nowadays. I know he is better mentally nowadays but the thought of 2 long weeks in Sheffield is to much for him now imo

19. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

Hopefully the BBC coverage improves this year.

They really haven’t given it the airtime it deserves the last few years, leaving it to the red button

Rotten Johnny likes this.
  20. Wonder how many ex players they can squeeze into the coverage. Seems like a massive old boys club