SMB Worst Car you've owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

worst- c reg Ford Fiesta 1.0, had a leak somewhere as the footwells
filled up if it was raining, also did not like the cold as would not start after October.

Used to drive one when I first started night shift, on cold mornings it wouldn't start so I used to unplug the HT lead and take it into work. Fired up first time every time. It did not like big puddles on the A19 though.

Used to drive one when I first started night shift, on cold mornings it wouldn't start so I used to unplug the HT lead and take it into work. Fired up first time every time. It did not like big puddles on the A19 though.

I used to unplug the middle lead and take it in the house so nobody could steal it(as if) :lol: used to wrap a blanket around the engine overnight to try and protect it from freezing :eek:

My first car. Ford cortina mk5 orange 1.6l. Used it to go up.and down to sunderland from pompey for weekends from the navy. Engine seized gearbox blew wheel fell off on the motorway exhaust fell off headlight fell out had radio nicked and finally caught fire. Not all at once tho.

Orion GL.
Got all spluttery after about 150 miles of constant motorway driving which is bloody dangerous tbh. Had Ford and a mechanic marra and a couple of other garages look at it but no one could explain it. It nivver happened with in town driving or shorter motorway trips so was impossible to demonstrate without getting the mechanic in and driving for 300 milesish!
Solved the problem by stopping about half way 120-130 miles between London and Sunderland for a Little Chef Olympic breakfast every time I drove back up. Nivver gave it the chance to do it again.
Twas stolen and written off which is just as well because my conscience wouldn't of allowed me to sell it.

The 1.3 I had did the same thing, was getting vapour/vacum lock in the fuel tank off return pressure. Only found out once it sucked the fuel sender into the tank deforming it. The vent was clogged solid so a piss easy fix once you knew what it was.

WOW, very nice, even has white hub caps ;)

Never noticed the arse end of a mini picture before.

Last edited:
The 1.3 I had did the same thing, was getting vapour/vacum lock in the fuel tank off return pressure. Only found out once it sucked the fuel sender into the tank deforming it. The vent was clogged solid so a piss easy fix once you knew what it was.
Aaaaah. I don't think anyone actually believed me! I'm gonna tell my marra next time I see him. Crackin car apart from that one problem.

Had to be my Hillman Avenger. First car I ever owned.
I mentioned one of them in the classic car thread. my dad had one, it was the first car i can really remember. He used to show me how to maintain it. I suppose that started my interest in engines.
By the way it's red hot down here. Mrs is cooking the tea so just having a nice beer on the verandar...

You must have had a privileged life mate if a Mercedes c63 amg is the worst car you've ever owned? But as you say each to their own.
Nothing privileged about me, worked hard all my life and still doing so. My very first car, a Morris Marina 1.8, was more comfortable to drive than the AMG.

The worst car I ever had was probably an orange Morris Marina if anyone can remember such a car. The gearbox was shot, the bodywork was rusty and leaked water into the footwells from the windscreen rubber seal. When I bought it I thought it looked so nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back