SMB Worst Car you've owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, first car was a A plate Mitsubishi Colt that had a knackered alternator - conked out in traffic 2 cars in front of ex gf and her mother - that was nice.
The boot hinge breaking on the Megane hatchback that meant the top of it shot up about 6 inches in the air one day - that was no fun

Peugeot 605 paid £1500 for it(loan) which was the most id spent on a car at the time, the loom burst into flames after 2 months and it was dead never to be revived

Peugeot 605 paid £1500 for it(loan) which was the most id spent on a car at the time, the loom burst into flames after 2 months and it was dead never to be revived

I was told by a frenchman that french cars are designed and made to last for 7 years. That would explain a lot.

In its time, and in terms of meeting expectations, a 2001 Nissan almera

Absolute load of shit.

Obviously better than my 1990 micra, but that car was supposed to be shit, so it was forgivable.

Vauxhall astra bag of shit with sensors going off all the time. Hated it compared to the 306 diesel it replaced (i loved that 306). Or lass (no) had a 206 that was a pile of chod. Had a clio actually that was ok. Me dad had a rover 820e my god that was a shambles. 3 cyl heads, snapped back axle, steering rack twice and the steering coming adrift through darlo town centre. Cost most of our winter pig sales (when we kept pigs) to pay to keep the f***ing thing on the road. He sold it for a volvo 850..........That was class.

Vauxhall astra bag of shit with sensors going off all the time. Hated it compared to the 306 diesel it replaced (i loved that 306). Or lass (no) had a 206 that was a pile of chod. Had a clio actually that was ok. Me dad had a rover 820e my god that was a shambles. 3 cyl heads, snapped back axle, steering rack twice and the steering coming adrift through darlo town centre. Cost most of our winter pig sales (when we kept pigs) to pay to keep the f***ing thing on the road. He sold it for a volvo 850..........That was class.
Thought the 820 was a Honda in disguise? First time I've heard this

That was my first car - a mini. Cracking little thing but totally unreliable.

My first car was a 1971 teal blue Austin Maxi 1750 called Katy. A complete wreck and the bloke who sold it to me must have been laughing his socks off!

Here's a video of a 1970 one showing how all the seats folded down to make a bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back