SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Some unbelievable tennis in the semi last night , Zverev couldn’t really have done anymore and still Djokovic managed to win , it’s like he just ups his level when he fancies it sometimes:D. I think he will have an easier match against Medvedev than last night .

Some unbelievable tennis in the semi last night , Zverev couldn’t really have done anymore and still Djokovic managed to win , it’s like he just ups his level when he fancies it sometimes:D. I think he will have an easier match against Medvedev than last night .
Hope not, but I won't get my hopes up on a Meddy win
Zverev getting closed to that top 10 win in a slam

Hope not, but I won't get my hopes up on a Meddy win
Zverev getting closed to that top 10 win in a slam
I think it’s such a bad matchup for Medvedev, his style of play causes problems for pretty much everyone else on tour but he dosnt really have anything to hurt Djokovic with like Zverev did. Might sound harsh but I see Medvedev as a pound stretcher Andy Murray.

On Zverev I think he’s the next hardcourt slam winner once Djokovic packs in/loses motivation, he would have beaten anyone else in the world playing like he did last night.

Last edited:
Fantastic win Emma .

What a player

Not sure I liked the antics of the bratty Canadian opponent when ER was forced by the umpire to take a medical break due to a bleeding knee

The UK teen stayed impassive and calm throughout that rant ..... and was magnanimous in victory

I'd completely forgotten about Indian Wells being pushed back. Canny knowing there's still another big two week tennis tournament to come after all four majors have taken place.

What do we reckon tonight then? Meddy got any chance against Djokovic? Is Djokovic going to implode and have a Serena/Vinci moment?

Djokovic had a very tough semi. Any normal athlete would be shot…
I think it’s such a bad matchup for Medvedev, his style of play causes problems for pretty much everyone else on tour but he dosnt really have anything to hurt Djokovic with like Zverev did. Might sound harsh but I see Medvedev as a pound stretcher Andy Murray.

On Zverev I think he’s the next hardcourt slam winner once Djokovic packs in/loses motivation, he would have beaten anyone else in the world playing like he did last night.
He would have beaten Djokovic had he kept his head and focus! Should have won in four.

Last edited:
Feels completely different when Meddy takes a set against Djokovic compared to anyone else. Feels like he can actually beat him unlike most other players, he's got everything there for him. Gets in Djokovic's head more than anyone else, makes him guess more than anyone else. Huge second serves out of nowhere, taking pace off the rally ball and feeding him neutral balls with no pace and no angles, injects his own pace when he gets a short ball.

Really good start for him. Djokovic sloppy so far.

Feels completely different when Meddy takes a set against Djokovic compared to anyone else. Feels like he can actually beat him unlike most other players, he's got everything there for him. Gets in Djokovic's head more than anyone else, makes him guess more than anyone else. Huge second serves out of nowhere, taking pace off the rally ball and feeding him neutral balls with no pace and no angles, injects his own pace when he gets a short ball.

Really good start for him. Djokovic sloppy so far.

Zverev softened Djokovic up to some degree. It needs someone to beat Djokovic in a final to break the spell.

Djokovic playing so poorly isn’t he ,this match has a totally different vibe to that french open final when he was two sets down and you always knew he would come back from it.

Back