SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Cracking comeback. Good that the crowd got to see it to the end
Want thiem or medvedev, craking win and what a winner to finish.
Djokovic taken medical timeout, and had treatment on past two changeovers....actually slipped so may have injured something this time (wishful thinking), being pushed but has comfortable 2 set lead unlike normal medical timeout scenarios when hes losing or level
Come on Fritz serve this set out

Last edited:
Want thiem or medvedev, craking win and what a winner to finish.
Djokovic taken medical timeout, and had treatment on past two changeovers....actually slipped so may have injured something this time (wishful thinking), being pushed but has comfortable 2 set lead unlike normal medical timeout scenarios when hes losing or level
Come on Fritz serve this set out

Bollocks, 3rd part of me treble after Dimitrov and Thiem. Think I need to lay Djoko and lock in a bit of profit.
Handy break!

Hell on trying to clear the hall at this stage. What will the cameramen focus on if Fritz's lass has to leave?

Last edited:
Taylor Fritz is 22, has a three year old kid and is already divorced. Christ.

Djokovic out to 7/5 to win tonight...
Lumped £3 on him...he will pull through, he always pulls through, just likes teasing us anti-novak fans :lol:
Boo djokovic

Last edited:
I agree. He was serving big aces towards the end of the 4th set. That would be possible with a tear.
Konta retired whilst a set up this week, Rafa ground it out for a 4 set loss to Wawrinka in the final years ago.
'milking it' for me, ill retract my words and apologise if he pulls out of the next match (go on djokovic, you know you want to)

Lumped £3 on him...he will pull through, he always pulls through, just likes teasing us anti-novak fans :lol:
Boo djokovic

Really weird bloke. Got that faith healer in to try and heal his shoulder injury the other year even though it was pretty obvious he needed surgery.

I think his body will be probably what stops him overtaking Fed and Nadal. He seems to be picking up more injuries these days and his body must have taken an absolute hammering over the years with his style of play. Noticeable that he's becoming more attacking like Fed and Nadal have done as well. His serve is absolutely massive these days and he hits his forehand better than he has done in his career.

Really weird bloke. Got that faith healer in to try and heal his shoulder injury the other year even though it was pretty obvious he needed surgery.

I think his body will be probably what stops him overtaking Fed and Nadal. He seems to be picking up more injuries these days and his body must have taken an absolute hammering over the years with his style of play. Noticeable that he's becoming more attacking like Fed and Nadal have done as well. His serve is absolutely massive these days and he hits his forehand better than he has done in his career.
Dont think he can out rally thiem or medvedev now but still makes short work of the rest of the field.

Dont think he can out rally thiem or medvedev now but still makes short work of the rest of the field.

I feel like I get more and more impressed every tournament with Thiem, the graft he puts in is mad! The match today was a complete flip from when he lost the plot against del Potro a few years from 2-0 up at the US Open.

I am starting to think there's a chance he reaches the same number of Slams that Murray has. Doesn't half make you realise how unlucky Murray was to be born when he was, five years later and he'd have ended up with double or treble the amount.

Miraculous recovery from injury for Djokovic to come out and win today 2 days after such a serious injury.
Hes the most courageous sportsman to have ever played the game.....I mean anything other than a slam and he would have pulled out......nevermind he just beat one of the best players in the world in 4 sets -.- bloke is an absolute bell

Hope he wins it again just for the reaction in this thread ;):lol:

Sir Muzz in his first challenger final in sixteen years in twenty minutes. Think we can all agree the Biella Challenger is currently the biggest event taking place on the tennis calendar.

Back