SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Shame for Kokkinakis. He was 3-0 up in the deciding set TB but only went on to win 1 more point.

Stephens through in straight sets vs Muguruza, 6-3, 6-4. She plays the winner of Yafan-Kerber who have just exchanged TBs and has gone into a decider, Kerber taking the second one so should have the momentum.

Plenty more good matches to come today on both sides.

Chung and Isner the first to make the quarter finals in the men's. I would have watched Kyrgios vs Zverev, but it's the 2am match, so no chance. May watch Shapovalov vs Coric later on though.

First 2 women's quarters coming up:

Kerber vs Stephens, 6pm
Azarekna vs Pliskova 12.30am

Really good match here between Shapo and Coric, I think we'll be seeing it a lot more going forward. Coric has just won 7-6, 4-6, 6-4 on his third match point. With 2 'big 4' not involved and the other 2 going out at their first hurdle, it's great to see the likes of these 2, Zverev/Kygios, Chung and even Tiafoe going deep in big events.

Andy Murray's signed up for a 250 in Holland on grass the week before Queens. Not entirely sure he'll actually play it but at least it looks like he's on the way back, he's getting a huge fee according to the Times so obviously a pretty good incentive.

Him and Djokovic playing well again (hopefully) can't come soon enough.

Crowd were a bit annoying as they have been throughout when involving Latin American players, but another good win for Delpo and nice to see Raonic getting back into the mix as well.

Women's semis today

Azarenka vs Stephens, 6pm
Ostapenko vs Collins, 2am

2 decent stories there but I think I want Stephens and Ostapenko to come through, certainly the latter.

Christ man Anderson :lol:.

Yeah, great win and lovely lob at the end, although my stream literally cut out as soon as the ball hit the ground.

Bet365? They changed their streaming site a few weeks back for no reason, the layout's really bad and it cuts out so unnecessarily early like you say. I gave up on it during Indian Wells when it started cutting out during match point.

Bet365? They changed their streaming site a few weeks back for no reason, the layout's really bad and it cuts out so unnecessarily early like you say. I gave up on it during Indian Wells when it started cutting out during match point.

Yeah, it's definitely worse. I do quite like the way you can switch instantly between sporting events now, but they've also stopped you being able to watch it in a standalone player which is annoying as are the cut offs as you say - I've also noticed the cut offs during match point, so I guess I'm lucky I actually managed to see the lob land :lol:.

I'm pleased Zverev came through last night. I knew the match would only last 2 sets as it had only recorded for 2 hours and it was well over an hour during the first set tie break and I feared the worst at 0-3. Solid comeback though to win 7 of the next 8 or 9 points. As good as Isner has been playing this week, an Isner-PCB final wouldn't have really had too much interest to me, but I will tune in tomorrow now.

The women's Ostapenko vs Stephens final at 6pm today should be good. Both reigning slam champs, both playing their best stuff in ages this tournament, classic clash of styles and almost 50/50 at the bookies. Both are still young and it's great to see that one of them will back up their first slam win with a PM title within 12 months, although it will be concerning if Sloane can only bring her A-game on North American soil.

I want Isner to win later on, I think I might secretly hate tennis. Really should have beat Murray in the Bercy final a few years ago (belter match that), hope he gets it done today.

Isner's looked gubbed since the back end of the first set, wasn't expecting that break.

This isn't a very good match like.

Back